Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    firetech

C3100 ImageRunner mess

canon-print..jpg
    This is a picture of the copier output using the Katun color test pattern, p/n 305410. B/W print jobs come out with similar lines. The machine has less than 160,000 total copies/prints and all major components are below 30% of service life.

Our local Canon dealer has lost their copier service tech w/ 20 years experience; his first replacement didn't know where to start, and the company is advertising for another replacement. The service manager called back to say they can't help us at all now.

Any help where to start would be appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3100 ImageRunner mess

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post
    canon-print..jpg
    This is a picture of the copier output using the Katun color test pattern, p/n 305410. B/W print jobs come out with similar lines. The machine has less than 160,000 total copies/prints and all major components are below 30% of service life.

Our local Canon dealer has lost their copier service tech w/ 20 years experience; his first replacement didn't know where to start, and the company is advertising for another replacement. The service manager called back to say they can't help us at all now.

Any help where to start would be appreciated.

if u are not a tech/ i would call one fast /u have a mess, on hand

looks like ITB unit, & clean blade/ mess

firetech
    Thanks, teckat.

There isn't much option for service in our rural area. I tried contacting the former tech at his new job, but maybe he signed a non-compete contract. A retired Xexox tech came out to take a look today, but he said the technology/process is different than what he serviced.

C3100 ImageRunner mess

how rural ??/ wish i could help

firetech
    We're about 150 miles south of Denver at a wildland firefighter school. Paid $300 for the copier with Q1 finisher off of Craigs List, after talking with the local Canon dealer about service/support. Put about $600 into initial service/tune-up/parts; and thought we had a good deal. Unfortunately for us and the dealer, a good tech is hard to find.

C3100 ImageRunner mess

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post
    We're about 150 miles south of Denver at a wildland firefighter school. Paid $300 for the copier with Q1 finisher off of Craigs List, after talking with the local Canon dealer about service/support. Put about $600 into initial service/tune-up/parts; and thought we had a good deal. Unfortunately for us and the dealer, a good tech is hard to find.

after u paid for this service/ printer tested ok !!/ & now the service Co. has told u they can't look at or repair it / what a joke/ never pay cash /or check for service, unless u have a contract. try and pay with a credit card , they back u up when u have an issue with a Co./ AMEX will not take any crap from a Company who does not honor it obligations with a customer.

just to add on , i would not buy a pencil from Craigs List.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    C3100 ImageRunner mess

What you have is a itb not being cleaned by the cleaning blade. Do you know how to remove the cleaning unit? replace blade if you have one and increase the blade tension using the adj on the back of the itb cleaning unit...then run clean inside main unit from additional functions. If the machine has a sorter you need to remove it as well. I can ellaborate more on how to dissassemble copier if you are unfamiliiar with model.

C3100 ImageRunner mess

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    What you have is a itb not being cleaned by the cleaning blade. Do you know how to remove the cleaning unit? replace blade if you have one and increase the blade tension using the adj on the back of the itb cleaning unit...then run clean inside main unit from additional functions. If the machine has a sorter you need to remove it as well. I can ellaborate more on how to dissassemble copier if you are unfamiliiar with model.
    remember this is an end user/ u don't want them to mess with the ITB unit in this model/ a iR3100 machine bought for $300/ i can just imagine the issues it has hidden/ like buying the Brooklyn Bridge in NYC

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    C3100 ImageRunner mess

Sorry , I was under the impression you were going to repair this yourself. The customer can easily run the clean inside main unit feature in additional function... but that will probably help only a little ..if at all , if what it really needs is the cleaning unit blade replaced.

Technician
    Looks to me like the a bad pcr. Replace drum.