Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon 1025if

zoeenez

Canon 1025if

I have a 2 part question!!

First, I am attempting to setup fax forwarding on this unit to an email address, I have the forwarding itself setup but the email part is broken. I assume this is because my SMTP info is incorrectly setup...anyone know how to do this correctly?

Second, does anyone know if there is a way to utilize the fax forwarding so that the fax is printed on the machine itself AND forwarded to the selected destination?

Thanks so much!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon 1025if

Quote Originally Posted by zoeenez View Post
    I have a 2 part question!!

First, I am attempting to setup fax forwarding on this unit to an email address, I have the forwarding itself setup but the email part is broken. I assume this is because my SMTP info is incorrectly setup...anyone know how to do this correctly?

Second, does anyone know if there is a way to utilize the fax forwarding so that the fax is printed on the machine itself AND forwarded to the selected destination?

Thanks so much!!

the SMTP port settings on this device can be changed through the remote user interface (RUI.) This is done by typing the ip address of the copier in the url field of a web browser. Access the device's settings by logging in AdministratorMode, enter the password if the device's System Management is locked down and click OK.

Login to the device's RUI in Administrator Mode.

Click the Network link on the left pane,and click the Change... button to make changes to the TCP/IP protocol settings.
    Click [Network] and then [Change] to make setting modifications.

Scroll down to the PORT Number Settings section of this page, and change the SMTP Sending port number configured in the SMTP server.
    Change the SMTP Port number to the desired value

It should be noted that other port numbers can also be changed in this section. There is no other place in the device's service mode settings that this can be modified.

Additional ports that can be changed through this page.

After changes have been made, scroll to the top of the current page and click the OK button. The copier may have to be rebooted to put the new settings into effect.
    Click the OK button and reboot the device.

To setup Fax Forwarding you need to connect through the RUI of the imageRUNNER. Select Additional Functions, then Forwarding Settings.
    You can send to folder via SMB or email since it uses an entry from the Address Book. Make sure to add this location to the Address Book first.

zoeenez
    I have got the forwarding turned on via the RUI, but it only works to forward to a folder, not to email (even though the email address is setup in the address book). Do you know how to setup any additional email functions that may be needed to make this work?

Do you know if the machine can print a copy AND forward a copy?

Canon 1025if

I have got the forwarding turned on via the RUI, but it only works to forward to a folder, not to email (even though the email address is setup in the address book). Do you know how to setup any additional email functions that may be needed to make this work?

Do you know if the machine can print a copy AND forward a copy?

The Remote UI enables you to automatically forward
    received fax/I-fax documents to specified addresses. To
    use this function, you need to specify the forwarding
    settings in two ways, and depending on the settings the
    function will work differently:
    ● Forwarding conditions are set: the machine will forward
    only documents that meet specified conditions.
    ● Forwarding conditions are not set: the machine will
    forward all received documents.
    NOTE
    [Forwarding Settings] is displayed only when you are in the
    Administrator Mode.
    Forwarding Conditions:
    The settings here enable you to
    specify the forwarding conditions
    that the received documents must
    meet in order to be forwarded.
    The setting items differ depending
    on the type of the receiving mode:

Forwarding Destination:
    Specify an address from the
    Address Book by clicking [Address
    Book] → select the desired address
    from the displayed list → click [OK].
    Forwarding Settings:
    If you are forwarding documents to
    an e-mail address or a file server,
    you can set their file format to [TIFF]
    or [PDF].
    If you select [Divide into Pages], you
    can forward files as divided pages.

Canon 1025if

System monitor enables you to view the transmission and
    reception results, monitor the status of the copy, send,
    receive, report, and print jobs currently being processed.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    you need to go to the e-mail settings and add 2 things, the SMTP server ip address (or name) and the e-mail account (eg, copier@gmail.com) and password (if required for your SMTP server). Then you can add address in the address book and in the drop down change the type to "e-mail".

zoeenez
    Oh my gosh...I can't believe with all the awesome advise I still cant get this thing working...I am attaching a picture of the email settings I have setup....the server names are correct but must be in the wrong spots...can anyone spot something I am doing incorrectly? The password does not appear after I save the changes, but I assume it is still there encrypted so that it is not visible...thank you so much. 4-23-2010 2-23-27 P&.jpg

Canon 1025if

Oh my gosh...I can't believe with all the awesome advise I still cant get this thing working...I am attaching a picture of the email settings I have setup....the server names are correct but must be in the wrong spots...can anyone spot something I am doing incorrectly? The password does not appear after I save the changes, but I assume it is still there encrypted so that it is not visible...thank you so much. 4-23-2010 2-23-27 P&.jpg

do u have advanced manual

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    You have SMTP authentication on, but it looks like you didn't put a password in. If your SMTP does not require authentication, turn that off and leave the password blank. If it does require authentication check the change password box and enter the correct password.

zoeenez
    I enter the password and once I push the 'save changes' button the field is darkened and the password disapears. I am deleting all the POP information as I only want the machine to send and not receive, maybe this will help, but no luck so far.