Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CorkyShark's Avatar

IR 3300 Jam code 0A01

I have an IR3300 that jams intermittently. The customer tells me it is always when she is doing 2-sided copying. Most of the jam codes are 0A05. With a few 0A01, 0A11 and 0A03. I tried to duplicate the problem without success. It has been happening for a long time and the tech that used to service this machine could not fix the problem. But customer is fed up. Has anyone had this problem before? Replaced all the rollers in the cassettes, the fixing film and cleaning roller, checked the sensors in IO mode and they checked out fine. Checked the fuser sensor because sometimes that sticks, it is ok.

Technician
    0Axx codes are power-on jams. Sounds like the machine is power cycling during a job. Could be a faulty hard drive if power source is reliable.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR 3300 Jam code 0A01

Quote Originally Posted by CorkyShark View Post
    I have an IR3300 that jams intermittently. The customer tells me it is always when she is doing 2-sided copying. Most of the jam codes are 0A05. With a few 0A01, 0A11 and 0A03. I tried to duplicate the problem without success. It has been happening for a long time and the tech that used to service this machine could not fix the problem. But customer is fed up. Has anyone had this problem before? Replaced all the rollers in the cassettes, the fixing film and cleaning roller, checked the sensors in IO mode and they checked out fine. Checked the fuser sensor because sometimes that sticks, it is ok.

check your registration sensor> flag-spring & face
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I did think maybe it was losing power while the job was printing, but why would it only lose it on double sided copies? I will check the power source, I did not do that. I checked out the registration sensor in IO mode and it worked just fine. Do you think it could be the DC controller?

IR 3300 Jam code 0A01

***0AXX jam signal on power on , it just means there is paper blocking a flag or flag is stuck blocking sensor / or signal from sensor is generated at power on , that"s all. it all depends on what type of sensor has the issue / a flag photo interrupter - open face light emitting .

u just can't check in I/O MODE - u have to physically look & check along the paper path
    i have had sensors check good in I/O MODE/ only to find them bad / even if u are getting a change of state, it does not mean the supply side is receiving to correct voltage

all copiers have this protection built in on power up

Technician
    Tec, you say "that's all", but that's the point. The problem is happening while user is doing a job. At some point the machine is power cycling and throwing the power-on jam. Also the jams indicated are from more than one sensor/flag.
    Looking back at your original post, I see that you said that this has been happening for a long time. If so, it may not be the hard drive, because it would continue to get worse. I have replaced so many hard drives in this series, I tend to suspect that first on issues like this. Still, if you have one to test with, it might be worth a shot. I haven't heard of this issue regarding system software, but do you have a recent version? Otherwise, wiring harnass/ties (related to duplex motors, clutches), DC controller, power supply...?

Technician
    It could be the power supply is pulsing only on D/sided jobs. I have had a similar problem with intermitant jams in various places

IR 3300 Jam code 0A01

Quote Originally Posted by kfallsken View Post
    Tec, you say "that's all", but that's the point. The problem is happening while user is doing a job. At some point the machine is power cycling and throwing the power-on jam. Also the jams indicated are from more than one sensor/flag.
    Looking back at your original post, I see that you said that this has been happening for a long time. If so, it may not be the hard drive, because it would continue to get worse. I have replaced so many hard drives in this series, I tend to suspect that first on issues like this. Still, if you have one to test with, it might be worth a shot. I haven't heard of this issue regarding system software, but do you have a recent version? Otherwise, wiring harnass/ties (related to duplex motors, clutches), DC controller, power supply...?
    ***0AXX jam signal on power on /if u read the post- it was the customer who complained about two-sidedjam issue/ the tech could not confirm this while testing. old service error logs are deceiving , unless u have the time & date set up to spec. I have never seen an 0AXX error generated during printing, unless u have a loss of power during a job/ u turn on printer/ before removing all of jammed paper.

remember what a frustrated customer has to say, i take with a grain of salt. i have stayed at large accts. all day trying to duplicate customer said issues , unless u can see the problem at hand, u have to keep sucking up to the clients request.

a case in point/ the 3200 series is notorious for
    jams only on duplex / with fix of replacing duplex driver pcb & that crappy fuse (FU26) on pcb./ it never generated a 0AXX code during printing.

I did update the latest software versions. I have a power supply and a DC controller on order. I do have an extra Hard Drive. I will keep you posted.

IR 3300 Jam code 0A01

if u have not seen the two sided issue happen, why are u shotgunning the issue ??