Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon CLC 3200 Print Server taking so long to be ready.

Hello guys, I need help with my Canon CLC 3200.
    My machine has this metal box at back of it.
    images...jpg

Initially I have successfully installed this CLC 3200 to our office's network and it served as copier, printer and scanner.
    However after a week of flawless use, we can't use the machine for printing and scanning anymore.
    It works perfectly as a copier though.

I went on to press the Printer Tab on the user interface and it gives me this message:

"Wait for a moment (check the power source of the print server behind the main unit and connection cable if the display doesn't change in a moment)."

I waited for a very long moment, 2 hours, and still no success in entering the Printer set-up tab.
    I tried to ping the machine's IP address but since the message above is still on display I get no replies on my ping.
    I have turned on/off the metal box behind the machine for several times, hoping it would reboot properly, but no luck.
    I have worked on the machine's printer problem for a full 2 days now and have run out ideas of how to deal with it.

Any idea is welcomed, I just really need to try something new.
    Thanks in advance guys!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maetsuen View Post
    Hello guys, I need help with my Canon CLC 3200.
    My machine has this metal box at back of it.
    images...jpg

Initially I have successfully installed this CLC 3200 to our office's network and it served as copier, printer and scanner.
    However after a week of flawless use, we can't use the machine for printing and scanning anymore.
    It works perfectly as a copier though.

I went on to press the Printer Tab on the user interface and it gives me this message:

"Wait for a moment (check the power source of the print server behind the main unit and connection cable if the display doesn't change in a moment)."

I waited for a very long moment, 2 hours, and still no success in entering the Printer set-up tab.
    I tried to ping the machine's IP address but since the message above is still on display I get no replies on my ping.
    I have turned on/off the metal box behind the machine for several times, hoping it would reboot properly, but no luck.
    I have worked on the machine's printer problem for a full 2 days now and have run out ideas of how to deal with it.

Any idea is welcomed, I just really need to try something new.
    Thanks in advance guys!

First try reinstalling system software on the ImagePass. Next try re flashing the main unit to the latest firmware
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    First try reinstalling system software on the ImagePass.
    Just to make sure I am going to do it right, did you mean I should reinstall the CLC printer driver on my Windows XP?
    If yes, then I have already tried this and during the installation I am required to enter a particular IP address and since I could not ping the machine nor enter the printer tab in the machines user interface I no means of knowing what IP I must use.
    If no, please explain to me further what is a system software on the ImagePass.

Next try re flashing the main unit to the latest firmware
    Do you mean using Service Support Tool and downloading to the machine the latest firmware for main controller?

Before Making Connections
    -Set ‘3’ in the host machine’s service mode:
    COPIER>OPTION>INT-FACE>IMG-CONT.
    (As a result, the IP address needed for communication
    between the host machine and the machine will automatically
    be set up.)

imagePASS C1 v2.0 or higher
    :
    SYSTEM SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: ON YOUR IMAGEPASS CD

Network Installation Method:

To utilize this network installation procedure, the imagePASS and the computer need to be connected either by a Cross-over Ethernet cable or through a hub or switch with regular Ethernet cables. If connected via the hub/switch, the imagePASS and the computer should be the only two devices attached. All cables should be Category 5 or better and the hub/switch should be capable of 100Base-TX connectivity. The computer that is used for this method should have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, a CD-ROM drive, support for 100Base-TX and approximately 500 MB of Hard Disk space free (if install files will be copied to the computer).
    Follow the steps below to utilize network installation method:
    1. Print out a Configuration page then shut down and power off the imagePASS-C1 v2.0.
    2. Disconnect the network cable from the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 network port. This would be the cable to a customer network, not the Cross-over Ethernet cable that connects to the copier.
    3. Flip the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 mode dip switch 1 (DL) to ON (toward the letters DL).
    4. Connect the computer and imagePASS together either with a Cross-over Ethernet cable or through a dedicated hub or switch.
    5. Power on the computer.
    6. It should not matter whether the computer is set to use a static IP Address or to obtain one automatically.
    7. Insert the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 System Software CD into the computers CD-ROM drive.
    8. Navigate to the CD-ROM drive and double-click on icon for Install.exe. For a faster installation, the files can be copied from the CD to a location on the computers Hard Disk Drive. If this is done, copy the application file and the folder on the CD to a new folder on the Hard Disk Drive. Do not mix the CD files with other files on the computers Hard Disk Drive. The files may be deleted once the installation is complete.
    9. When the Install.exe utility is started, the following screen is displayed:
    C1..jpg
    10. Power on the copier (which will power on the imagePASS via the PCC).
    11. Click the Start button on the installer screen that was shown in step 9.
    12. Read the Software License Agreement that will be displayed as shown below:
    CPC1..jpg
    13. Click on the Agree button to continue the installation process. When the network connection is made between the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 and the computer, the following screen is displayed:
    CP2C1..jpg
    14. The installation process can be checked by observing the indicator on the screen. Although the installation process goes slowly initially, the progress speed will increase as the installation goes forward. Wait while the files are copied and installed as shown in the following screen:
    CP3C1..jpg
    15. Click the Exit button when the message is displayed that the installation was successful (the message is shown below). Remove the System Software CD from the computer.
    16. Power off the copier (which should power off the imagePASS via the PCC).
    17. Dismantle the isolated Ethernet network created for the installation and return the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 to the original network connectivity.
    18. Flip the mode switch 1 back to the original position (away from the letters DL).
    19. Power on the copier (which should power on the imagePASS via the PCC).
    20. Proceed through the normal routine for an initial setup for the imagePASS. Select the proper Language and Market Region, then proceed through Setup to configure the proper settings for Server, Network and Printer. Use the Configuration page printed in step 1.
    21. After the imagePASS reboots, allow it to come to Idle and verify functionality.

if everything is ok after this, u will not need to update or re install C3200 Firmware from SST

Technician
    imagePASS-C1 v2.0 System Software
    I know its a long shot but is there any chance you have this software?
    All I have is are the Firmware for the CLC3200 but I do not have this imagePASS-C1 v2.0 System Software.

Quote Originally Posted by maetsuen View Post
    I know its a long shot but is there any chance you have this software?
    All I have is are the Firmware for the CLC3200 but I do not have this imagePASS-C1 v2.0 System Software.

check your PM

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

If you know this machine and service mode well,
    You can also try clearing MMI. COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>MMI>OK
    First change the interface value before clearing MMI COPIER>OPTION>INT-FACE>IMG-CONT back to 0.
    Disconnect the fiery then clear MMI and reboot. Make sure everything is ok after the reboot, go into service mode change the interface value back to 3, turn off machine and reconnect fiery correctly and see if the message changes. It should take no more than two minutes to come to idle. Be sure to print out a P-Print first before doing anything. COPIER>FUNTION>MISC-P>P-PRINT.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    Thanks SCREWTAPE and teckat, I'll try both your ideas as soon as I get my touch screen LCD to work again.

Coz I see nothing on my LCD at the moment however when I press on the LCD I can hear beeping sounds, so that means the touch panel still works its just that I do not see anything on it at the moment. I tried to make a copy and machine's copier functioned well even though I cannot see anything on the LCD panel. This is getting tougher, sigh.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

What are you doing??

Check your contrast button.

Did you do anything in the main controller area?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    What are you doing??
    Check your contrast button.
    Did you do anything in the main controller area?

I am not really sure what caused my LCD touch screen panel to go blank. I checked the contrast button and still no changes. I tried to swap the entire panel with another machine and the panel from the other machine worked. When I say entire panel I mean the whole thing with the LCD touch screen panel together with the number buttons and the start/copy buttons.