Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    what cause this c3220 to print with thes white line

I agree on flat spot issue , but it is rare to have two flat spots on cross-feed, I have also seen a cross feed tear on these UFR's-- caused by a short to heater unit>it just melts the underside of UFR/and when u turn it surface peels off
    usually flat spots occur from idle time of not using printer for a period of time, u need to use the fuser spacers or disengage handle when in storage/ or long periods of non-use

I believe the fuser rotation during idle time issue , was addressed with a firmware update a while ago, there have been plenty of tech pubs
    on these models

just some tech talk
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

for some reason, i have had issues on the /4080/5180 series / some drum units seem to overtone on surface & when they do only fix is to insert a new drum. the symptom shows up when u start auto gradation/ u see background in white area of effected color/ u pull out drum and surface is covered with toner/ when i called Canon, they recommended the keep power off >>insert drum & or toner if needed >> power up >> do your gradation adj's. ever since doing this procedure for over 3yrs., have no overtone issues. They originally thought it was Drum lot #'s/ but it wasn't.
    I haven't had problem replacing drums while the machine is on, but I will keep this in mind for next time. Thanks
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

As for the image fault, thats a better attachment. If its happening in the same spot, fuser could be a culprit or transfer belt. You can check the fuser to see if it has a flat spot or if its peeling.
    What is the count on the machine and when was it lasted serviced?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Quote Originally Posted by albertldee View Post
    KF you mention it may be the FB6-3641 that's bad what are some of the print problem that it will cause, i printed a black background and get the same 2 white streak, i shake the drum it seem ok so i'm trying to figure out between the FB6-3641 and cayan drum here is the full page of how it print

Attachment 4295

just in case u did not know, CANON addressed ir3200/3220 fuser flat spots with a DCON update v33.02/ Firmware v81.01 in year 2005.

The following changes occur when upgrading the DC-CON of the Color imageRUNNER C3200/C3220
    copier/printers from v32.02 to v33.02:
    Change of the fixing roller rotation duration for preventing roller deformation

To help prevent fixing roller deformation, the rotation duration has been changed from a specified
    duration to a duration based on a random table. This duration is used for fixing roller periodic

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    just want to add to all you guys if he is using heavy paper there is a reaction betwen fixing unit and transferbelt when paper leading edge reach the fixing and the other end is at the transfer procces the paper stock at the fixing just a second while the transfer roller is still rotating even you have to replace new fixing wont solve this problem.adjust nip solve flat spot issue.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

a nip width adjust will not fix a damaged roller

right`````````````````````````````on $$$$$$$$$

qreyzee

I have seen this before.

Try replaceing the entire ITB assembly. When you see those lines on all the PG5 test prints on 11X17, it will show you if its an isolated drum or ITB. If you change the belt it will just mask the problem for a while and then just re-appear. The ITB assembly is the issue.

albertldee/ has left the building

disco shirt and &#104.JPG

i now do not agree with fuser issue anymore, because if rollers had flat spots>those image lines from posters copy would travel down length of paper , the diameter of roller is too small for it to not repeat on letter or ledger size