Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Canon IR-C3200 with older C1 controller Need help with software download

I have the old style C1 controller. The one without the power interrupter board. I have version 1.1.1 software on it. When sending a print job, it can only print 1 set at a time. No matter the quantity in the print driver. I want to upgrade the software on the controller to version 2.0 . I have the 2.0 CD with the Fiery installation tool. But, this thing just won't take the download. I flip both dipswitches, turn on the copier, then before the progress bar moves too far, I power on the C1 controller. The tool looks like it downloads properly. I power off the machine and the controller, flip both dipswitches back, then power both back on again as before. It will only go into Configuration mode and then ask for a shut down of both units. I can't ever get to the setup screen for the controller. Someone suggested because of it being the older style, I need to try to upload the software with the individual files with a PDL downloader. I even tried to piggyback the HDD into my computer and drag the files over, but that only made a bigger mess. It wouldn't do anything without a drive letter. It looked like there were 8 partitions. Which one would I put the files in? I am told the older C1 should be able to take version 2.0, but so far I am unable to prove it. Does anyone have a link or could send me PDL downloader?
    By the way, I have two machines (identical, 10 miles apart) doing the exact same thing. Both IR-C3200's with C1's version 1.1.1 and won't print more than 1 set @ a time.

tricotech1@gmail.com Thanks.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR-C3200 with older C1 controller  Need help with software download

The CD shows you the procedure...
    Plus yea I been there. I believe there are some differences with firmware compatibility with older C1 imagepass controllers.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

If you are talking about letting the Fiery tool guide me, you are correct. I have followed that procedure. It looks like the software uploads correctly, but the copier only goes into CONFIGURATION mode afterward. It never gives me the chance to go into SETUP mode. It tells me to power off both units over and over. Or is there another step I am missing that you are refering to?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tricotech1 View Post
    I have the old style C1 controller. The one without the power interrupter board. I have version 1.1.1 software on it. When sending a print job, it can only print 1 set at a time. No matter the quantity in the print driver. I want to upgrade the software on the controller to version 2.0 . I have the 2.0 CD with the Fiery installation tool. But, this thing just won't take the download. I flip both dipswitches, turn on the copier, then before the progress bar moves too far, I power on the C1 controller. The tool looks like it downloads properly. I power off the machine and the controller, flip both dipswitches back, then power both back on again as before. It will only go into Configuration mode and then ask for a shut down of both units. I can't ever get to the setup screen for the controller. Someone suggested because of it being the older style, I need to try to upload the software with the individual files with a PDL downloader. I even tried to piggyback the HDD into my computer and drag the files over, but that only made a bigger mess. It wouldn't do anything without a drive letter. It looked like there were 8 partitions. Which one would I put the files in? I am told the older C1 should be able to take version 2.0, but so far I am unable to prove it. Does anyone have a link or could send me PDL downloader?
    By the way, I have two machines (identical, 10 miles apart) doing the exact same thing. Both IR-C3200's with C1's version 1.1.1 and won't print more than 1 set @ a time.

tricotech1@gmail.com Thanks.

The imagePASS-C1 v2.0 introduces a network installation procedure for the System Software. PDL Downloader may still be utilized to install System Software.
    Network Installation Method:
    To utilize this network installation procedure, the imagePASS and the computer need to be connected either by a Cross-over Ethernet cable or through a hub or switch with regular Ethernet cables. If connected via the hub/switch, the imagePASS and the computer should be the only two devices attached. All cables should be Category 5 or better and the hub/switch should be capable of 100Base-TX connectivity. The computer that is used for this method should have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, a CD-ROM drive, support for 100Base-TX and approximately 500 MB of Hard Disk space free (if install files will be copied to the computer).

Print out a Configuration page then shut down and power off the imagePASS-C1 v2.0.

Disconnect the network cable from the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 network port. This would be the cable to a customer network, not the Cross-over Ethernet cable that connects to the copier.

Flip the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 mode dip switch 1 (DL) to ON (toward the letters DL)

Connect the computer and imagePASS together either with a Cross-over Ethernet cable or through a dedicated hub or switch.

Power on the computer.
    It should not matter whether the computer is set to use a static IP Address or to obtain one automatically.
    Insert the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 System Software CD into the computers CD-ROM drive.
    Navigate to the CD-ROM drive and double-click on icon for Install.exe. For a faster installation, the files can be copied from the CD to a location on the computers Hard Disk Drive. If this is done, copy the application file and the folder on the CD to a new folder on the Hard Disk Drive. Do not mix the CD files with other files on the computers Hard Disk Drive. The files may be deleted once the installation is complete.

Power on the copier (which will power on the imagePASS via the PCC)
    Click the Start button on the installer screen
    Read the Software License Agreement
    Click on the Agree button to continue the installation process
    The installation process can be checked by observing the indicator on the screen. Although the installation process goes slowly initially, the progress speed will increase as the installation goes forward. Wait while the files are copied and installed
    Click the Exit button when the message is displayed that the installation was successful
    Remove the System Software CD from the computer.
    Power off the copier (which should power off the imagePASS via the PCC).
    Dismantle the isolated Ethernet network created for the installation and return the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 to the original network connectivity.
    Flip the mode switch 1 back to the original position (away from the letters DL).
    Power on the copier (which should power on the imagePASS via the PCC).
    Proceed through the normal routine for an initial setup for the imagePASS. Select the proper Language and Market Region, then proceed through Setup to configure the proper settings for Server, Network and Printer. Use the Configuration page printed in step 1.
    After the imagePASS reboots, allow it to come to Idle and verify functionality.

imagePASS C1 v2.1 and lower:
    Parallel Port Method:
    Besides the network installation method described above, installation of the System Software can also be done via the Parallel Port with PDL Downloader (v3.1.4.1 or higher).
    The needed data files can be found on the imagePASS-C1 v2.0 System Software CD in the tftpboot folder (iRC1_V200bot_R.efi and iRC1_V200sys_R.efi). It is recommended to use the USB-Parallel Cable (part # FY9-4154-000 old, FY9-4368-000 new).
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Your gonna need PDL downloader.
    If you were guided then you did it correcty.

Teckat gave you the correct info to help understand better.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Thank you for the instructions teckat, but as I have said before, I have followed those directions exactly and I can't get past the CONFIGURATION screen on the copier. So, I would like to try the PDL downloader to see if that will make a difference. This WAS a working unit. Does anyone have the version 3.1.4.1 PDL downloader?

Reasons why you having trouble as i said before there are differences with firmware compatibility.

imagePASS C1 v1.x Motherboard: FG9-3992-000
    imagePASS C1 v2.0 Motherboard: FG9-4028-000

Motherboards are different.

Quote Originally Posted by tricotech1 View Post
    Thank you for the instructions teckat, but as I have said before, I have followed those directions exactly and I can't get past the CONFIGURATION screen on the copier. So, I would like to try the PDL downloader to see if that will make a difference. This WAS a working unit. Does anyone have the version 3.1.4.1 PDL downloader?

first make sure u have at least v54.01 firmware in 3200 or the upgrade on ipC1 from 1.1.1 to v2.0 will not work

u also need the patches updates

Well, for those of you that are still interested in this thread, I have FINALLY found a solution to my problem. I needed PDL downloader, because I have the 1st generation C1 controller. The Fiery tool was too fast for it. Also I needed a to use my USB/Nethawk cable. Again because the crossover cable was too fast and a regular parallel cable was too slow. It would time out in XP. Lastly, again because of it being a 1st gen. controller it would only take version 2.0 NOT 2.1 NO matter how hard I tried. I have original Canon CD's for these downloads too. I find it very odd that version 2.1 is 175mb, but version 2.0 is 186mb. Anyway, to recap, I was able to get my C1 controller to uupgrade from version 1.1.1 to version 2.0 using a USB/Nethawk cable, a 2.0 CD, with a Windows XP computer, with PDL Downloader, on a 1st generation C1 controller to a IR-C3200. All this was to correct the problem of being UNABLE to print more than 1 page at a time. Yes, it fixed the problem. Now, I have to go across town in a day or two and fix the other machine doing the same thing. Thanks to everyone who helped me sort out this issue.

Kool ```````````````````