Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Changing x & y offset copying, fed by stack bypass

Quote Originally Posted by ekrengel View Post
    They were adjusted in service mode before. I don't want the default settings....I want to see the custom settings, and put the same setting on the other copier.
    is this what u mean
    ****Zoom Fine Adjustment
    When you print a copy or a document from an inbox, a slight difference in size may
    occur between the size of the original image, and the size of the copied/printed
    image. In this case, you can perform a fine adjustment to compensate for this
    difference.
    1 Press (Additional Functions) [Adjustment/Cleaning]
    [Zoom Fine Adjustment].
    2 Press [-] or [+] to adjust the percentage (%) press [OK].
    If you are making an adjustment to either the X (horizontal) or Y (vertical)
    direction, press [-] or [+] to enter a value for that direction only.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

ekrengel
    Ok let me clarify what is actually happening. The user has these pre-printed forums that are blank, with just lines and boxes. Those are then loaded into stack bypass. The data that is to be printed onto the lines and boxes, is then put on the glass of the copier and printed onto the paper from stack bypass.

The x & y needed to be adjusted just for that purpose, but only for stack bypass.

I"ll check this out tomorrow to see if it's what I'm looking for:
    Additional functions 2&8 Additional functions>Copier>Adjust>ADJ-XY

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Ok let me clarify what is actually happening. The user has these pre-printed forums that are blank, with just lines and boxes. Those are then loaded into stack bypass. The data that is to be printed onto the lines and boxes, is then put on the glass of the copier and printed onto the paper from stack bypass.

The x & y needed to be adjusted just for that purpose, but only for stack bypass.

if you make adjustments in service mode it throws everything off.
    There isn't a single adjustment for the bypass under these settings in service mode.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

If you just want to adjust the bypass, there are 2 screws on the tray. Unfortunately this is just for one direction, top-to-bottom (X?) assuming it's portrait.

Just so you know any adjustments to ADJ-XY will adjust the image position on every tray. Same with Adjusting registration though.
    Good luck, adjusting registration takes time and patience!

Edit: didn't see Screwtapes post, sorry for the duplicate info
    Last edited by D_L_P; 05-06-2010 at 02:30 AM. Reason: just saw Screwtapes post

there is no way u can scan in & or copy that original data & and expect it to mach up in boxes & lines on forms in a bypass tray

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

there is no way u can scan in & or copy that original data & and expect it to mach up in boxes & lines on forms in a bypass tray
    Let him try,LOL
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

The graphical concept of x- and y-intercepts is pretty simple. The x-intercepts are where the graph crosses the x-axis, and the y-intercepts are where the graph crosses the y-axis. The problems start when we try to deal with intercepts algebraically. To clarify the algebraic part, think again about the axes. When you were first introduced to the Cartesian plane, you were shown the regular number line from elementary school (the x-axis), and then shown how you could draw a perpendicular number line (the y-axis) through the zero point on the first number line. Take a closer look, and you'll see that the y-axis is also the line "x = 0". In the same way, the x-axis is also the line "y = 0".
    Then, algebraically,

• an x-intercept is a point on the graph where y is zero, and
    • a y-intercept is a point on the graph where x is zero.

More specifically,

• an x-intercept is a point in the equation where the y-value is zero, and
    • a y-intercept is a point in the equation where thex-value is zero.

duh..jpg

ekrengel
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

I know, that's why it was adjusted in the first place. What you guys are failing to understand is that I already have this working, and it's not affecting anything else.

Thanks for the help.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I know, that's why it was adjusted in the first place. What you guys are failing to understand is that I already have this working, and it's not affecting anything else.

Thanks for the help.
    We understand the process,,, we are only stating that all drawers are affected by the adjustments made in X & Y, seeing them in a printout will be useless because no two machines are identical,,, you and I are humans, but we are similiar, not the same, so any adjustments on one machine will not be totally applicable to another. The second machine will just have to be tweeked till it does what you wanted it to do. You now know where those adjustments are made, have fun!

Thanks for the help.

u never followed up here on your so call adjustments/ i find it hard to believe that on any adjustments u used for X n' Y of glass will effect the bypass/ post the adjustment procedure/ and so called form used in bypass/
    or this Case is Closed~~~~~~~

gavel1..jpg