Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ekrengel

Changing x & y offset copying, fed by stack bypass

So we have an iR3045 that had some custom settings applied to it for copying, with paper being fed from the stack bypass. These settings I believe affected the x & y to center the copy on whatever layout they wanted. I cannot for the life of me remember how to get to these settings. I know I had to go into service mode...but I can't remember how to do that either

Ultimatley, we have another printer (iR3035), that I need to mimic the same settings for.

Can anyone help?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

go to service mode * (2/8) *

Copier>Function>misc-p>p-print

Do this on both machines so you can see what is different on the two devices. Do not go and change every setting that is different between the two units. There will be differences and that is the way it is supposed to be.
    IMO I do not believe this is a service mode setting unless it is in level 2 which you can really screw some things up on your machine if you do not know what you are doing.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ekrengel View Post
    So we have an iR3045 that had some custom settings applied to it for copying, with paper being fed from the stack bypass. These settings I believe affected the x & y to center the copy on whatever layout they wanted. I cannot for the life of me remember how to get to these settings. I know I had to go into service mode...but I can't remember how to do that either

Ultimatley, we have another printer (iR3035), that I need to mimic the same settings for.

Can anyone help?

**set it up in RUI
    From RUI, select Add. Func. and Common Setting.
    Click on Common Settings again.
    Scroll down until you see Use Stack Bypass Standard Settings. Select the option and use the drop down menus to select paper size and type.

bp3..jpg
    Scroll up and click OK to save the settings. Then log off of RUI. Setting changes are immediate.

***Can also be set up on Control panel/ same way
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    **set it up in RUI
    From RUI, select Add. Func. and Common Setting.
    Click on Common Settings again.
    Scroll down until you see Use Stack Bypass Standard Settings. Select the option and use the drop down menus to select paper size and type.

bp3..jpg
    Scroll up and click OK to save the settings. Then log off of RUI. Setting changes are immediate.

***Can also be set up on Control panel/ same way
    Isn't that the same thing as telling the copier to not prompt for paper size and type every time you place paper into the bypass? I don't think that would have anything to do with the X / Y settings???

ekrengel
    I was just looking at that as well, and can't find what you are looking at. In Add Func, I have "custom settings", not common settings. But in custom settings, there is "custom common settings", but still doesn't have what you are looking at.

Anyways, I think the settings were in level 2. With * (2/8) * , do you mean press "*" --> "2 & 8" at the same time --> "*" ? Or do you mean it as literal, the way you typed it: "*" --> "(" --> "2" --> "/" --> 8 --> ")" --> "*"

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Why don't you try initializing additional functions copy settings, under additional funtions/ common settings/standard settings/initializing. This will bring every thing back to a default setting.
    I don't think you have to go into service mode to adjust X and Y in this situation unless they were adjusted in service mode before.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

ekrengel
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Why don't you try initializing the copy settings under additional funtions/ common settings/standard settings/initializing. This will bring every thing back to a default setting.
    I don't think you have to go into service mode to adjust X and Y in this situation unless they were adjusted in service mode before.
    They were adjusted in service mode before. I don't want the default settings....I want to see the custom settings, and put the same setting on the other copier.

Additional functions 2&8 Additional functions>Copier>Adjust>ADJ-XY
    This is how you enter service mode?
    Why would anyone adjust these values for the bypass??

ADJ-X
    ADJ-Y
    ADJ-S
    ADJ-DF

Also every copier has its own sort of birth certificate behind the front cover with the factory values on it, which if you remove it you would see.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Why don't you try initializing additional functions copy settings, under additional funtions/ common settings/standard settings/initializing. This will bring every thing back to a default setting.
    ****Zoom Fine Adjustment
    When you print a copy or a document from an inbox, a slight difference in size may
    occur between the size of the original image, and the size of the copied/printed
    image. In this case, you can perform a fine adjustment to compensate for this
    difference.
    1 Press (Additional Functions) [Adjustment/Cleaning]
    [Zoom Fine Adjustment].
    2 Press [-] or [+] to adjust the percentage (%) press [OK].
    If you are making an adjustment to either the X (horizontal) or Y (vertical)
    direction, press [-] or [+] to enter a value for that direction only.

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    I misread his post/ I assumed poster wants to use irregular size paper in bypass / u can layout & center a document from the Apps your are using .
    Well he says the adjustments were made in service mode, humm..
    Lets see what else he says. We know what these ADJ-X&Y adjustments do.
    I mean if they were adjusted that means everything is off not just the bypass, humm..

I don't think you misread his post.