Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon IR 5570 automatic paper size selection tray 3 and 4

I have a IR 5570 that the customer uses legal size paper in tray 3 and 4. Since I took over machine tray 4 has never recognized legal paper. Now tray 3 does not, it usually goes to size U3. I have replaced the cassette paper size VR PCB FG5-1957-040 in both trays and ran the size adjust in service mode with statement size paper. Tray 3 sometimes will show it as legal but if you open tray to fill with paper or in the middle of a multi page print or copy job it will stop and say U3 size in tray. I have tried different tray inserts with no luck either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateprintsolutions View Post
    I have a IR 5570 that the customer uses legal size paper in tray 3 and 4. Since I took over machine tray 4 has never recognized legal paper. Now tray 3 does not, it usually goes to size U3. I have replaced the cassette paper size VR PCB FG5-1957-040 in both trays and ran the size adjust in service mode with statement size paper. Tray 3 sometimes will show it as legal but if you open tray to fill with paper or in the middle of a multi page print or copy job it will stop and say U3 size in tray. I have tried different tray inserts with no luck either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    u have to adj for STMTR & A4R--

In service mode go to Copier > Function > CST and perform the adjustment for C3 - STMTR and C3 - A4R , C4 - STMTR and C4 - A4R. The values should be close to the values on the door label. If they are not close ( within 10 of the door label specs ) replace the cassette VR assembly (part number: FG5-1957-000) for the cassette that the reading is off and perform the adjustment again. If the readings are ok, go into Level 2 service mode and go to Copier > Display > CST - STS and check to see if the Width - C3 or C4 show the correct paper size for the cassette (if you set the cassette for letter size paper, the display should show " LTR"). If it doesn't, replace the cassette paper sensor assembly - new (part number: FM2-3786-020).
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Replace the cassette paper sensor assembly - new (part number: FM2-3786-020.
    If you replace the Cassette Paper Sensor Assembly, perform adjustments under, FUNCTION>CST>C3-STMTR, AND C3-A4R.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC