Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    IR C3220 Gmail setup

Quote Originally Posted by ALTomTech View Post
    The real question then is this. can i still setup the e-mail portion to send e-mails without this particular item. or is that what is needed to complete the task?
    You don't need the imagepass to achieve this task. Teckat has given you correct information on how to complete this task. The correct credentials however is what is needed to complete this task.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    My company's email is hosted through gmail and i have an IRC3220 with an imagepass C2 sending emails with this configuration with no issues. Teckat, what is the reason you say the smtp cannot be changed with the imagepass?

Server settings: smtp.gmail.com w/ authentication using the full email(yourname@domain.com) as the user name.
    SMTPTXPN- 587 SMTPRXPN-587
    I do not have the machine set up to receive via pop so i don't have any of those settings set up.

ALTpmTech
    Ok, So now that makes me wonder if it is caused by the pop account. Never thought about that. I will have to try to remove the pop and see if it can at least send. I not sure if there is an imagepass installed or not. so i will have to check that for sure. I do know i can go into the second level and change the smtprxpn and txpn. just not sure if it is doing anything. I guess we will have to find out tomorrow if it works.

IR C3220 Gmail setup

You really don't need to set up pop. All you need is just the SMTP server info and a email address for the machine, plus the user name and password for authentication.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

IR C3220 Gmail setup

Here is some more insight when emailing using yahoo,at&t or gmail...

This solution only supports Canon devices equipped with network port number change, SMTP Authentication and Allow SSL SMTP Send.

By default, AT&T Yahoo and Gmail service providers require email clients (for example Outlook Express) to authenticate via SMTP port 465 with secure communication (SSL).

The issue is when the exact same configuration information is transferred from email clients to Canon devices, customers cannot send email. The result is error code #839. The reason for this is Canon devices do not work when port 465 is used for SMTP transmission. Port 587 has to be configured on the machine for send via e-mail to work.

To resolve the issue, SMTPTXPN option has to be changed in Service Mode level 2 to 587 and Canon devices must be configured to authenticate via SMTP with SSL enabled.
    - Access Service Mode level 1 by pressing Additional Functions, - 2 and 8
    - Access Service Mode Level 2 by pressing Additional Functions - Additional Functions - 2.
    - Once you are in Service Mode level 2, select Copier > Option > Body > SMTPTXPN, enter 587
    - Select OK and recycle the machine to apply the change.

After machine recycle, select Additional Functions > System Settings > Network Settings > Email/I-Fax.
    - Depending on which service providers you have, enter smtp.att.yahoo.com or smtp.gmail.com for SMTP server
    - Enter a valid user e-mail account for E-mail Address.
    - Select Authent./Encryption > SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH) - On
    - Set Allow SSL (SMTP Send) On.
    - Select OK to apply the changes.
    - Access Network Settings and make sure IP address, Gateway, DNS settings are correctly entered. (These information can be obtained by using a customer's networked PC nearby, access the command line, enter ipconfig /all.)
    - Restart the Canon device and start sending e-mail once it is Idle.

ALTpmTech
    Amazing. This is the exact kind of information i have been looking for. as i said before, i am not at the office anymore and will have to try this in the morn. one more question. Do you have to set SMTPRXPN 587 as well? or should i just leave that at 25?

IR C3220 Gmail setup

Leave at 25 first when you try.
    If you have to make adjustments, then do so.

Remember you don't want the 3220 to receive emails you just want to send emails.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR C3220 Gmail setup

Quote Originally Posted by ALTpmTech View Post
    Ok, So now that makes me wonder if it is caused by the pop account. Never thought about that. I will have to try to remove the pop and see if it can at least send. I not sure if there is an imagepass installed or not. so i will have to check that for sure. I do know i can go into the second level and change the smtprxpn and txpn. just not sure if it is doing anything. I guess we will have to find out tomorrow if it works.
    GMAIL as SMTP Server for Universal Send

Lately there have been lots of requests on our imageRUNNERS to use GMAIL as the SMTP Server. Here is the info from mail.google.com.
    Configuring other mail clients

The Quick Answer

• Follow the instructions below to set up POP access in most POP clients.
    • Google Apps users, please follow the default instructions unless otherwise noted, replacing 'your_domain.com' with your actual domain name.
    • We offer instructions for configuring some clients not in our supported client list. If you encounter difficulties, we suggest contacting your mail client's customer support department -- we're unable to provide assistance for clients not in our supported POP client list.
    • G MAIL Supported POP client list
    • Mail Clients
    • Apple Mail 3.0
    • Outlook Express
    • Outlook 2002
    • Outlook 2003
    • Outlook 2007
    • Thunderbird 2.0
    • Windows Mail
    • Other
    • Once you've enabled POP in Gmail, you can configure your mail client or wireless device to download Gmail messages. To see our recommended settings or troubleshoot POP issues, click the name of your mail client or wireless device below.
      If your mail client isn't listed here, we're unfortunately not yet able to provide assistance with its configuration.
    • Non-supported clients:
      While configuration instructions are available, we're currently unable to provide support for these clients.
    • Entourage 2004
      Entourage X
      Eudora 5.1 (and higher) (Light Mode)
      Eudora 5.1 (and higher) (Sponsored & Paid Mode)
      Eudora for Macs
      Foxmail 5.0
      Mozilla 1.7
      Netscape Mail 4.5, 4.6, or 4.7
      Netscape Mail 6.2
      Netscape Mail 7.x
      SnapperMail
      The Bat! v3.62 Professional Edition
      Thunderbird 0.x
    • Standard instructions:
    • Enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
    • Configure your client to match the settings below:
    • Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL:
    • pop.gmail.com
      Use SSL: Yes
      Port: 995
    • Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:
    • smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
      Use Authentication: Yes
      Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
      Port: 465 or 587
    • Account Name:
    • your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
    • Email Address:
    • your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
    • Password:
    • your Gmail password
    • Unless you're using recent mode to download mail to multiple clients, make sure you've opted not to leave messages on the server. Your Gmail settings determine whether or not messages stay on the server, so this setting in your client won't affect how Gmail handles your mail.
      Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.
      Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encyrption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.
    • You're now ready to use POP with your Gmail address.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

ALTpmTech
    So after doing a full reset of the printer and setting everything back to factory defaults we reentered the information but omitted the pop.gmail.com information. Just the SMTP info. It worked. Easy fix after all. Thanks again guys for all the help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR C3220 Gmail setup

Head-Bang..JPG

we have all been there'
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**