Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    IR C3220 Gmail setup

Quote Originally Posted by ALTpmTech View Post
    So after doing a full reset of the printer and setting everything back to factory defaults we reentered the information but omitted the pop.gmail.com information. Just the SMTP info. It worked. Easy fix after all. Thanks again guys for all the help.
    Happy to hear good news.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Attachment 4513

we have all been there'
    This pic is reflecting me now with this machine...

Wis
    What I want:

Automatically print every mail that comes into the mailbox (google apps) the printer uses. Printing attachments is not needed.

Is that possible?

If that is possible please help me with the questions at the bottom of the page.

The System:

The printer in use is a Canon CLC 3220 C1 with firey, send kit, no fax kit.

The Software used for configuring the fiery is Command WorkStation 4. I've tried to use Command WorkStation 5 on XP and Win 7, but it seems to me it is not fully compatible with ImagePass C1.

The only network settings aktiv are at the moment ethernet with 100 Mbs, static IP and static DNS. The eMail is inaktiv.

The Ports for the Printer were changed in service mode pop is now 995 and both smtp settings are 587.

The network has a range from 10.10.10.1 to 10.10.10.254

So here are my questions:

I had no luck using URL for connecting to gmail and the dns settings in the fiery are pointing to the router AVM Fritzbox and to 213.73.91.35 (dnscache.berlin.ccc.de). Usually this does work, are there some limitations for the 3220 concering the dns server?

It does send mails but it takes at least 8 minutes to send a b&w 200x200 one page pdf file. Even when it uses the ip for gmail smtp Is that normal?

Setting up the pop3 connection via additional fuctions does not work for me. I've set it to standart authentication and ssl, the pop server to the fitting ip and changed the port in service mode to 955. But it does throw an error when trying to connect fails.

Also I don't know were the error log for the send errors is?

How do the settings of the fiery interact with the printer settings. Does one overrule the other?

As I do understand the previouse posts it is not possible to change the ports of the fiery and so I've deactivated its mail feature and use the send kit instead, is that correct?

I've tried to set this up for several days and have no more ideas.
    Please help!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR C3220 Gmail setup

To make Outlook print emails automatically as they are retrieved:

• Select Tools | Rules and Alerts... from the menu in Outlook.
    • Click New Rule....
    • Highlight Check messages when they arrive under Step 1: Select a template.
    • Click Next >.
    • Check a criterion if you want to print only certain messages and make sure you fill in the variables under Step 2: Edit the rule description.
    • Click Next >.
    • If you specified no filtering criteria, click Yes.
    • Check print it under Step 1: Select action(s).
    • Click Finish.
    • Now click OK.

9 Gmail Tips That Will Let You Take a Long Lunch - PCWorld
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Wis
    1. Not question asked.

2. No Answeres that include setting up anything but the printer.

3. Your answere is appreciated, but I've set my mind. At least until someone states and explains why what I want is impossible.

Sorry I'm a bit edgy, but when ever I post something people tend not to answere what is asked but what they think would be best to do instead.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR C3220 Gmail setup

You show only two posts ?

Your best bet would be to call a Canon Authorized Service Company- and ask for their Networking Service Support people.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Wis
    I'm referring to a general problem not confined to this forum. Maybe its just me or my way to ask questions.

Since People stopped this discussion after gaining smtp access i had the hope that they easily achieved what I seek for.