Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ALTpmTech

IR C3220 Gmail setup

Ok, so here is whats going on, The last printer i worked on was a xerox about six years ago. So i am a little bit rusty when it comes to servicing printers. My brother's company just recived a Canon Imagerunner C3220 and i am attempting to setup the direct email portion of the machine. My brothers company uses the domain for his e-mail through gmail. so i am attempting to set it up through that. I did change the SMTP and the POP to the gmail setting and it still will not send. It normally just gives me a 810 or a 995 error. i even attempted to change the dns routing to the ip address of smtp.gmail.com and the dns server to smtp.gmail.com.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR C3220 Gmail setup

Quote Originally Posted by ALTpmTech View Post
    Ok, so here is whats going on, The last printer i worked on was a xerox about six years ago. So i am a little bit rusty when it comes to servicing printers. My brother's company just recived a Canon Imagerunner C3220 and i am attempting to setup the direct email portion of the machine. My brothers company uses the domain for his e-mail through gmail. so i am attempting to set it up through that. I did change the SMTP and the POP to the gmail setting and it still will not send. It normally just gives me a 810 or a 995 error. i even attempted to change the dns routing to the ip address of smtp.gmail.com and the dns server to smtp.gmail.com.

#810 [POP] Receiving e-mail
    Cause
    -POP interval is turned on but the POP information is not properly
    configured.
    -A connection error for the POP server occurred
    when receiving E-mail or I-Fax.
    -The POP server returned an error message during the
    POP connection.
    -A timeout error occurred during connection with the POP
    server due to the server’s problem.
    Remedy
    -Check and verify, if this machine is suppose to be
    polling / receiving E-mail/I-fax
    -Check and confirm that the POP server settings on the machine
    is properly configured.
    -Check that the POP server is working properly.
    -Try using Outlook Express E-mail client on a computer to
    confirm the proper settings for the POP server
    requirements.

#995 [ TX / RX ] Job Canceled
    Cause

-Memory communication reservation jobs were cleared, someone
    deleted the job

Remedy
    -Repeat the procedure (job) if necessary

The imageRUNNER is capable of changing the port numbers used for sending mail using SMTP, receiving mail using SMTP, and receiving mail using POP3. These port numbers can be changed as part of system administration so that they can be placed under network control. This capability is available in the latest versions of mn-cont software.
    There is no need or requirement to change these port numbers. The defaults are normally fine. If it is necessary to change the settings to meet a user's network environment (router or firewall settings, etc), make sure to change the settings according to instructions given by the user's system administrator.

To Change the Port Settings:
    C3200 / C3220
    1. Press Additional Functions, 2 and 8 at the same time, and then Additional Functions again.
    2. Press Additional Functions and then press 2. This will put you in Service Mode Level 2.
    3. Select Copier, Option, Body .

* Note - You cannot change the SMTP port number if an imagePASS is connected to the copier.

**** you can change the SMTP port number on the copier if the imagePASS H1/J1/S1/S2 is connected.

SMTP Server setting on the copier can be set as the IP address of the email server instead of its FQDN. This will eliminate the need to resolve the name (as the IP address will be known by the copier). Also make sure that the domain name for the domain the SMTP server serves is set in the DNS settings under Domain Name. If the Domain Name is incorrect, the most common error code in the Send job log will be #752. The domain name must match your customer's email FQDN. For example, if your customer receives email at 'jsmith@xyzcorp.com' the FQDN is 'xyzcorp.com'. If the imageRUNNER is connected to an external Feiry controller the Domain Name must be set on the external controller.

With some email servers if the Subject field for document being sent via e-mail is left blank, the transmission of the e-mail may fail. Populate the Subject field by accessing the System Settings > Communications Settings > E-mail / I-Fax Settings

Note:Currently, some of the Canon Universal Send devices do not have the ability to authenticate with an SMTP Server. There is no option in the copier’s settings to enter authentication information for SMTP.If the SMTP Server is configured to require authentication for outgoing mail, the Canon device will not be able to send mail. The Network Administrator will need to change the settings on his SMTP Server to work around this issue (ex.
    Grant the RELAY privilege to the individual IP address of the copier).

The POP\IFAX Server setting is the actual address of the POP Server. Either the IP address of the POP Server or the Fully Qualified Domain Name of that POP Server can be placed here . If the Fully Qualified Domain Name is used here, the DNS Server Settings within the TCP/IP Network settings must be configured. If no DNS Server addresses are present, mail will not be transmitted or received, because there will be no way to resolve the addresses of those servers. The POP\IFAX Address setting is the Username of the account that is going to be used to receive mail. For example, if the e-mail address is 'techsupport@cusa.canon.com', the POP\IFAX Address (Username) will be techsupport.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Gmail requires you to use a non standard smtp port for sending. You must enter service mode level 2 Copier-Option-Body and change the SMTP port to 587.

ALTpmTech
    Quote Originally Posted by PoonKing5000 View Post
    Gmail requires you to use a non standard smtp port for sending. You must enter service mode level 2 Copier-Option-Body and change the SMTP port to 587.
    Do you change both the rx and tx ones to the same port?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    change both SMTPTXPN and SMTPRXPN

ALTpmTech
    Do you have this or have you in the past had this machine running the e-mail successfully? It's not that i doubt you, i was just curious. Ive been working on it all day and it's been a huge pain in my arse. Also, do you know what the setting have to be under the e-mail/ifax settings tab? Do i just have to have pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com with username and password and such. i've been attempting to get it set up by copying the settings from my thunderbird mail client. as far as i can tell they are set up identically. I'm so insanely frustrated right now it's nuts.

IR C3220 Gmail setup

Quote Originally Posted by PoonKing5000 View Post

* Note - You cannot change the SMTP port number if an imagePASS is connected to the copier.

ALTpmTech
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    How do i check if there is an imagePASS connected then?

IR C3220 Gmail setup

Quote Originally Posted by ALTpmTech View Post
    How do i check if there is an imagePASS connected then?

Look on back of Machine

Large metal box

imagePassC1_large&.JPG

ALTpmTech
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Look on back of Machine

Large metal box

imagePassC1_large&.JPG
    The real question then is this. can i still setup the e-mail portion to send e-mails without this particular item. or is that what is needed to complete the task?