Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Waste toner as a refill, wow!
    Yeah its true..
    I know 2 Ricoh tech they do this in an university.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    ROFL, Oil in the toner hopper?? Seriously, what was going through their mind with that one.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    " A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down....."

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    LMAO

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Tinnyjay, did you read my reply earlier and are you still having trouble? Or should I not worry?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR105+ grey background....please help me!

Communication or lack of it runs our lives/ more so with Field Techs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by teckat; 05-20-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: too small
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 20YRSEXP View Post
    Tinnyjay, did you read my reply earlier and are you still having trouble? Or should I not worry?
    Still the same problem,but i am waiting for a german tech of Canon to come after 2-3 days and as he said to me must clean the sensors of developer( to correct developer bias voltage) and all coronas,because they are full of toner.
    Thank you so much for your help and i will show you the results after he will come.
    In fact the problem of IR105+ reflected to much in my bussines,because normally i copied 15.000-20.000 A4 in a day only with Canon IR105+ and now all this job is being done by Ricoh AF1075,two Toshiba e-Studio 350,one Toshiba E-Studio 280 and a Toshiba E-Studio 2100c color copier.
    Is the first time i use (and i have) a Canon IR105+ andi dont know your opinion but still now for me its great copier(except printing duplex low speed caused by old firmware).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts angelntx's Avatar
    Had the same problem with a ir7086. Halo's and grey background, the exact same thing you have on your iR105. The tech tried a DC Controller, laser, new corona units, new potential control sensor and pcb. We checked the fuser bias, developer bias nothing. Checked the toner bottle, it was a Canon bottle (19), but it just wasn't changing. Decided to Clean out everything, developer and Ap kit, got another bottle from the shop and everything cleared up. Copies are coming out perfect. Found out from the customer that they had ran out of toner on May 7th. The tech started to get calls about lousy CQ on May 10th. They didn't order toner until the 10th and surprise they hadn't received the order yet. yea they couldn't tell him that back on the 10th. So where did they get the full bottle from? Don't really want to know just glad it's finished. Hope this helps you out.

SOLVED!

You remeber i said a german tech will come to repair my ir105+?
    He came one day after i repaired it.
    I opened for the first time a Canon IR105+ and i thought will be to hard to do that,but i did it perfectly.
    I just removed Developer,opened it and vacumed completely.
    Everything now is ok,but is showing me an error "Fixing Unit is low"!!!
    I know its not conected with bad toner problem,but i dont know whet to find it in my copier
    Thank you everybody
    Peace on you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR105+ grey background....please help me!

If the machine is not used (no keys are pressed) for a period of about 15 minutes, the machine automatically enters the Low Power Mode. The Low Power Mode reduces the temperature of the machines fixing unit and thereby conserves energy. This function meets the ENERGY STAR Program for energy efficiency. To start operations, press (Energy Saver). Pressing the control panel power switch also reactivates the machine. NOTE:
    • There will be a slight delay when starting to use the machine next time.
    • The touch panel display turns OFF when the machine enters one of these functions.
    • You can print data sent from a computer even when the machine enters one of the energy saving functions.
    To change the amount of time it takes for the machine to enter the Low Power Mode (the default settings is 15 minutes):
    1. Hit (Additional Functions) -> [Timer Settings] -> (down arrow) -> [Low Power Mode Time].
    2. Enter the desired time period with the up or down arrows, and press [OK].
    * The Low Power Mode Time settings are 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50 minutes, 1 hour, 90 minutes, 2, 3, or 4 hours.
    3. Press [Done]. The specified mode is set, and the display returns to the Basic Features screen.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**