Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar

Smile IR series universal scanning configuration and method.

I need your little help one method in scanning to pc using network or smb.

Where can i create the destination folder for the universal scanning?

I'm having problem key-in in username and password each time i select a pc name in the smb browser.(what kinda of password if there is no password for that pc?)

The tree or root should be? (example) Host : \\pc1
    folder: \myscan ? <-----both correct ?

flyingboz
    You should define a username / password that works for your share, and verify that you can access the share (ideally from another machines), using \\server\share

This information goes in the poorly named Host field.

Once you have this working properly, you can try for subfolders in the next field, using
    \folder\folder syntax.

It is possible, I guess to get it working as guest, but I have not tested it.

[QUOTE=mitsubee;142936]I need your little help one method in scanning to pc using network or smb.

Where can i create the destination folder for the universal scanning?

I'm having problem key-in in username and password each time i select a pc name in the smb browser.(what kinda of password if there is no password for that pc?)

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    To create an entry in the address book go Additional Functions-> Address book Settings-> Register Address-> Register New Address. ChooseFile
    Lets say the user Sally has the shared folder, C:\Documents\scans, on her computer named 3QC3HC (IP:192,168,0,45) on the domain yahoo. IT people see this as \\yahoo\3Qc3HC\scans, since this is the path to map a shared drive. But to the Canon copier it would be:

Host: \\3QC3HC (or :\\192.168.0.45)
    File Path:\scans

As for the credentials, you could use the local user to that workstation or add a user and give it permission to change or full control to the share.
    User:Sally
    Password:

It goes without saying, only use IP address instead of computer name if they are not using DHCP.
    Hope this helps!

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsubee View Post
    I'm having problem key-in in username and password each time i select a pc name in the smb browser.
    Another thought, when using SMB to browse the network you are not browsing all the way to the folder just to the PC. Browse to the computer name that has the shared folder and hit OK or next, instead of down.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar
    Thank you DLP and flyingboz....i will go and try out all your instructions later hopefully it will be fine instead of keep on printing out error msg...check the server!~

have a nice day DLP and fly