Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    GencoService

Lightbulb CANON IR5570 Error Code E821 with sub codes of 0001 and 0002!!

Checked binding/broken cleaning assy. Even the microswitch MS5. Fans FM2 and FM3 are working properly. I do notice that when I mess around with the wires on the front of the AP ASSY I get the sub codes to change by plugging and unplugging different wires! The machine came to us with 6 broken wires on the AP ASSY so I know we are in the right area I hope!? Has anyone had this code before? Any suggestions? I am ordering the precondition LED assy. HYTEC support said that it was a good one and to let them know what fixes it for their notes! That is reassuring, huh? Thanks for any HELP!!!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CANON IR5570 Error Code E821 with sub codes of 0001 and 0002!!

Quote Originally Posted by GencoService View Post
    Checked binding/broken cleaning assy. Even the microswitch MS5. Fans FM2 and FM3 are working properly. I do notice that when I mess around with the wires on the front of the AP ASSY I get the sub codes to change by plugging and unplugging different wires! The machine came to us with 6 broken wires on the AP ASSY so I know we are in the right area I hope!? Has anyone had this code before? Any suggestions? I am ordering the precondition LED assy. HYTEC support said that it was a good one and to let them know what fixes it for their notes! That is reassuring, huh? Thanks for any HELP!!!!!

Verify that the Pre-conditioning LED is receiving the proper 24VDc from the DC controller. if so and not turning on replace Pre conditioning LED.

Check that the connections for the waste toner thermistor and the pre-exposure unit were mistakenly switched. Both connections are three pin connectors using two wires. They connect to J103A on the DC Controller. After the connections are reinstalled correctly, the copier should function normally.
    When installing the AP kit make sure not to switch the two connections.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

How does the cleaning assy look?

Does it look clog?

E821 can be displayed when clogging of toner inside the cleaner is detected.

There are cases where the DC controller was shot. Try reseating the connectors of the DC.

If the wire harnesses were damage. Replace those first of course.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Thumbs up Re: CANON IR5570 Error Code E821 with sub codes of 0001 and 0002!!

[QUOTE = teckat; 144972]
    Verifique se o LED de pré-condicionamento está recebendo os 24 VCC corretos do controlador de CC. em caso afirmativo e não ligar substituir LED de pré-condicionamento.

Verifique se as conexões do termistor de toner residual e da unidade de pré-exposição foram erroneamente trocadas. Ambas as conexões são conectores de três pinos usando dois fios. Eles se conectam ao J103A no controlador DC. Depois que as conexões forem reinstaladas corretamente, a copiadora deverá funcionar normalmente.
    Ao instalar o kit AP, certifique-se de não alternar as duas conexões.
    [/CITAR]
    Exatamente, no meu caso os conectores estavam trocados ocasionando o erro.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: CANON IR5570 Error Code E821 with sub codes of 0001 and 0002!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIRIGU View Post
    [QUOTE = teckat; 144972]
    Verifique se o LED de pré-condicionamento está recebendo os 24 VCC corretos do controlador de CC. em caso afirmativo e não ligar substituir LED de pré-condicionamento.

Verifique se as conexões do termistor de toner residual e da unidade de pré-exposição foram erroneamente trocadas. Ambas as conexões são conectores de três pinos usando dois fios. Eles se conectam ao J103A no controlador DC. Depois que as conexões forem reinstaladas corretamente, a copiadora deverá funcionar normalmente.
    Ao instalar o kit AP, certifique-se de não alternar as duas conexões.
    [/CITAR]

Exactly, in my case the connectors were replaced causing the error.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**