IR105 Streak at top of sheet

Quote Originally Posted by cd2010 View Post
    Attachment 4882
    There's a picture of what it does.

post 3 scan pics with text on it / i want to see reg.edge
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    that looks like a copy of a blank sheet of paper off glass with a background band/ what paper size is that from ??
    how did u place paper on glass / when it comes out of fixing to tray is band in portrait or landscape side

that band looks like it is on short side of copy / so it must be from front side or rear side

The paper size is A4, the band is at the top. The paper was square to the edge.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    Looks like a cleaning issue to me, there is no edge erase that I can see on this sample, if there were, it could indeed be a corona issue. Since the defect is edge to edge, either the drum is not being cleaned properly, or the pre-exposure erase lamps are dirty in that area. If the lamps are working, you normally have a small clean area at the borders....

At any rate, if you are not qualified, (Canon trained), then I would suggest getting a qualified service rep to look at this issue. Pulling the AP kit out is not terribly difficult, but putting scratches into a drum is going to be a very costly mistake!
    I'm aware of that and hadn't planned on taking the machine to bits, just simple things.
    We do have a company that can carry out the work, however they were not sure on what the problem was without checking all the possibilities I listed, they charge an extortion rate so I'd like to have a better idea as to what it may be before we call them back.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Attachment 4882
    There's a picture of what it does.
    I would suggest that you draw an arrow on the copy to show the copypaper feeding direction. Or else if it were me, I would explain it this way: The streaks are ALONG FEED or ACROSS FEED direction. If they appear along feed direction and the many suggestions don't seem to work, then you should check the shutter for presence of any unwanted particles/tissues if there is any, also check the dust proofing glass if the is any dirt/toner.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    We do have a company that can carry out the work, however they were not sure on what the problem was without checking all the possibilities I listed, they charge an extortion rate so I'd like to have a better idea as to what it may be before we call them back.
    If your servicing company is not sure of what the problem is, you might want to be looking for another service provider.

Quote Originally Posted by songela View Post
    If they appear along feed direction and the many suggestions don't seem to work, then you should check the shutter for presence of any unwanted particles/tissues if there is any, also check the dust proofing glass if the is any dirt/toner.
    On this machine the laser writes to black, so any problem with the laser or dirty dust proof glass is going to produce light copy or blank copy, not dirty copies as per the example provided...

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by songela View Post
    I would suggest that you draw an arrow on the copy to show the copypaper feeding direction. Or else if it were me, I would explain it this way: The streaks are ALONG FEED or ACROSS FEED direction. If they appear along feed direction and the many suggestions don't seem to work, then you should check the shutter for presence of any unwanted particles/tissues if there is any, also check the dust proofing glass if the is any dirt/toner.

Here's a new picture showing feed direction.

ir105 pic2..jpg

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Replace all corona ass'y.

Check the developer as well.
    Last edited by SCREWTAPE; 06-09-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    i have encountered this kind of problem i changed the main charge assembly,cause when i try to replaced the corona wires the problem is still there...i think the problem was in the corona grid....

For my money, clean blade replacement, and drum polishing are the most likely candidates according to the sample provided, which shows no edge erasing in the area of the defect. If corona was the issue, you would still have edge erasing going on. If drum clean blade fails, dirty copies edge to edge is the normal symptom...