Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sadek

Question Can't ping Canon IR C3220N

I can't seem to ping the printer from a computer on the network, nor am I able to ping any computer through the printer.

I tried changing:

the cable
    static ip
    dhcp

That's the first time I'm unable to ping a device, any help is highly appreciated!

Sadek

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Can't ping Canon IR C3220N

I experienced the same problem recently, finally when I tried this address for printer- 172.16.1.100, it worked. However I got a call this morning to report that the printer is not working. I haven't checked to find the same problem reocurred, However I guess the installed Windows is not a genuine copy and can be a source to the cause.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    if you can you print to the irc3220n and just cant ping from or to it? then it is net admin no ping setting on network i.e. firwall is blocking ping requests.
    if you cant print or ping try the following:
    Plug your laptop into the net cable to printer wall jack and set for dhcp do you get net access?(unless totally MAC addy secure network if so you may need to contact cust it dept to identify your machine) if yes NIC card may be bad in copier try clear MMI and reprogram net settings. if you dont get a connection with your laptop, trace back to hub/router port is it lit up? if no wall jack/hub port/router port is dead,

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadek View Post
    ... nor am I able to ping any computer through the printer.
    Try pinging it's own address through the printer. I've seen this kinda kickstart the network traffic flowing. If you get no reply the problem is with the copier, if you do get a reply then move on to pinging the router/gateway/DNS/workstations.

Most of the time it turns out to be they just aren't waiting for the 60 second delay (60 sec. from the time it warms up, not from the time you turn it on).
    Or the switch on the control panel was used instead of the main one on the right rear to reboot and lock in the new ip address settings.

Other things I've found that have caused not being able to ping at the copier: Incorrect IP address settings (wrong subnet, fat fingers etc..), blocked ip range or filtered mac addresses (seen this get turned on by itself a few times), reinsatll system software.

Things I've found that have caused not being able to ping apart from the copier: Bad cable, duplicate IP address, firewall.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Can't ping Canon IR C3220N

Quote Originally Posted by sadek View Post
    I can't seem to ping the printer from a computer on the network, nor am I able to ping any computer through the printer.

I tried changing:

the cable
    static ip
    dhcp

That's the first time I'm unable to ping a device, any help is highly appreciated!

Sadek
    The most wise thing to do here is to. Connect to the printer directly with a crossover cable. Try to establish communication from printer to laptop.

Did you reboot the printer after entering the the network information?

Also, just as a verification.. Do you have a box piggy back on the machine at the rear of the machine?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC