Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mpsinc

imagePASS M2 on a ir8070?

Hello everyone!

I just purchased a used Canon ir8070, and the reseller is going to be installing an imagePASS M2 Fiery rip. The only brochure I could find online shows the M3. Will an M2 work?

Thanks!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    The imagePASS M2, according to any Canon documentation I can find, will NOT work on an iR8070.

The imagePASS M3 is required.

I never tried putting an M2 on an 8070, but I sincerely doubt it would function.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

mpsinc
    Very interesting.......... I wonder why they are trying to do this then? It didn't come with a rip to begin with, and when I told them we needed one, this is what they came back with. I have a bad feeling this is a little bit over their head.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow (but based on prior history, probably a few more days). I'll post the outcome!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

The M3 is required.

I would let the seller know if I was you.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mpsinc View Post
    Very interesting.......... I wonder why they are trying to do this then? It didn't come with a rip to begin with, and when I told them we needed one, this is what they came back with. I have a bad feeling this is a little bit over their head.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow (but based on prior history, probably a few more days). I'll post the outcome!

iR8070-Server..jpg
    iR8070 Server
    The Canon imagePASS-M3 Print Controller* is an external RIP designed by EFI® to meet the needs of customers printing true Adobe® PostScript files, complex graphics, and variable data output. The imagePASS-M3 adds support for hot folders, and leverages EFI Command WorkStation®, EFI Impose, Job Monitor, and Fiery® FreeFrom™ utilities.

iR8070 Uses>the M3 ONLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:)

Canon ImagePass M2 Print Controller is for the>Canon IR 105, IR7200, 8500, 5020, 6020
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**