Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Kev McD

ir2200i networking help

G'day from Australia,
    First off, I did do a search but couldn't find the info I needed.

My company dropped off a Canon iR2200i off to me last week (they upgraded). It was sent down with no manuals, drivers etc. It all seems to work well (photocopying then faxing etc.) However I can't get it to network with my home computer.

I hooked it up with an ethernet cable (tried a few), downloaded what I believe is the correct driver.

Can you folks offer some basic advice (I'm just an electrician) or point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
    Kev

Alan Aya
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev McD View Post
    G'day from Australia,
    First off, I did do a search but couldn't find the info I needed.

My company dropped off a Canon iR2200i off to me last week (they upgraded). It was sent down with no manuals, drivers etc. It all seems to work well (photocopying then faxing etc.) However I can't get it to network with my home computer.

I hooked it up with an ethernet cable (tried a few), downloaded what I believe is the correct driver.

Can you folks offer some basic advice (I'm just an electrician) or point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
    Kev
    First u must comfirm that the machine is a H or N model, can check by accessing into the service mode (* 2&8 *) look under copier>version>BootROM, is it a N (example: 26.44N or 25.42H) because only the N & H models are able to use as Network Printer & Scanner. Also check PS/PCL, is there any version? If the above is comply, all u have to do is the configuration to link your PC to the machine, install printer driver & scanner driver and off you go. It is now a printer /scanner.

Kev McD
    Thank you Alan for your kind help. It is indeed a '26.44N'. The PS/PCL came up as 41.10.

Still having trouble configuring the link to the computer (a new quad core running windows 7) I will try and find a suitable printer/scanner driver in the morning to get this copier linked.

Regards,
    Kev

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Are you having trouble getting it to link up on the network? or can you ping but not print?
    If it is just the computer and copier you will need a crossover cable and it would be a good idea to lock in the LAN speed on the copier.

I don't think there's a Win7 driver for this model. Try using a PCL driver that came with WIn7, like HP laserjet4100.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    There are Windows 7 drivers for this model.

Here is a link to the drivers on the Australian site: Canon - Driver Downloads
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    ir2200i networking help

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Aya View Post
    First u must comfirm that the machine is a H or N model, can check by accessing into the service mode (* 2&8 *) look under copier>version>BootROM, is it a N (example: 26.44N or 25.42H) because only the N & H models are able to use as Network Printer & Scanner. Also check PS/PCL, is there any version? If the above is comply, all u have to do is the configuration to link your PC to the machine, install printer driver & scanner driver and off you go. It is now a printer /scanner.
    @Alan

Its a IR2200i..

All (i) models are standard with printing in case you did not know.

@Kev, try using a crossover cable like DLP mention

And check out the link that KenB pasted for you.

Plus after configuring the machine , reboot then try pinging the machine.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Alan Aya
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    @Alan

Its a IR2200i..

All (i) models are standard with printing in case you did not know.

@Kev, try using a crossover cable like DLP mention

And check out the link that KenB pasted for you.

Plus after configuring the machine , reboot then try pinging the machine.
    Dear Screwtape,
    Thanks for the clarification, it was my mistake.