Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Deactivating IR3300i Wakeup When Fax Line Used

Might anyone happen to know if there is a setting to prevent a Canon IR3300i copier from powering up from a sleep mode when the fax line is used? Thank you.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

You can try to change the energy consumption level to low.

With low energy consumption, sleep mode will take longer to recover from Sleep Mode.

This might time out the transmission.

1) Press Additional Function.

2) Common Settings.

3) Energy Consumption in Sleep Mode.

4) Select [Low].
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Screwtape, thanks for your email. Did put on low power consumption, which I believe prevented unit from powering up when just sending a print command, but the phone line use seems to be causing it to wake up. Appreciate any other settings that might help. Tech had cleared settings back to default I believe.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

I'm afraid there just isn't any other way to do this.

Just turn off the machine.

Or change the sleep mode settings to lowest timer setting, that way when it turns on, with a lower time setting like 5 mins, it will go back to sleep mode within those 5 mins.

I mean these are some solutions, not perfect ones. You might just have to work around this.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoylan@gmail.com View Post
    Screwtape, thanks for your email. Did put on low power consumption, which I believe prevented unit from powering up when just sending a print command, but the phone line use seems to be causing it to wake up. Appreciate any other settings that might help. Tech had cleared settings back to default I believe.
    Have u tried to set up Daily Timer Settings
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks Teckat. Am using different time frames for the sleep & wake up options & monitoring. Am finding that when setting the auto sleep time to 4 hours it better tracks my use of the device.

What might "Auto Clear Time" mean?

What might "Time Until Unit Quiets Down" mean?

Thank you.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Auto clear time - If the machine is not operated for a certain period of time (no keys are pressed) the copier returns to the basic screen (standard setting). You can set this from 0-9 minutes or off.
    Time Until Unit Quiets Down - the machine enters quiet mode after a certain amount of time elapses 0-9 minutes -----0 meaning quiet mode off. Its my understanding quiet mode instead of standard mode saves some power and extends certain component life without having to use sleep mode which disbles even more power to components.
    In standby mode, the machine is in operation or is ready operate, and nearly all components
    are supplied with power; not only the main controller PCB, but also the reader unit,
    printer unit, and control panel are all ready for communication and control.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 06-28-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks Blazebusiness. Helps me understand what settings are best.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Glad to help.....actually I know very little apart from my above comment about quiet mode. I am hoping teckat or screwtape might expound on the matter a bit more.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Glad to help.....actually I know very little apart from my above comment about quiet mode. I am hoping teckat or screwtape might expound on the matter a bit more.

Even Canon Engineers had a hard time explaining all these timer options/ they are different on all models/most of them have to do with heaters/ and power saving to options on machine.

there have been Firmware updates on some imageRunners with timer setting issues, especially from sleep mode .
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**