Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

canon ic mf 6550 paper pick up shaft

Working on a canon image class mf 6550. Customer brought it in with the paper pick up shaft, (the one that holds the half moon tires) in several little pieces. Ordered new shaft and installed it. Now it will feed from the by pass ok. But, when you try to install the paper drawer it starts picking up paper on its own during warm up. First page ok then jams on the second. sometimes when you try to take out the drawer to remove the jam the pick up tires are in the wrong position and you can not remove the paper tray ( i am guessing this is how it got broken in the first place, some people won't take "no" for an answer!!!!) i tried reinstalling the feed shaft so the tires where in the correct position during the cycle, but it's not consistant on where they stop after a copy. Also is the paper tray supose to lock down befor closeing on this modle? If so something is missing. Any suggestions besides throw it in the trash and buy a new one? Thanks!

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Check solenoid SL2 - when solenoid (SL2) goes ON, the drive of the main motor (M1) is transmitted to the cassette pickup roller assembly. Solenoid might be stuck. To get to the cass PU solenoid you have to remove the rear & left covers. Then remove the relay PCB and maybe a gear...then you should be able to see & inspect solenoid
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Thanks i'll give it a look. What about that paper tray. Is it supose to lock down ?

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Hard to remember but I think on this model it does not............
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ok thanks, i guess the problem is just the shaft not returning to the correct postion and blocking the drawer from going in with ease.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Never worked on one of these - but it looks like the consumer version of the 1023/1025. If you take the toner out (yes I am paranoid), take out the paper tray, turn unit onto its' backside - there is a little spring that may have come loose (have not seen one completely gone-but could happen I guess). Sorry I do not remember the actual part number or name - but once you machine is on its' backyou will see it (or not) towards the rear of the paper pickup.