Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New

Re: imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New

For BJ-W7200/ W7250

For firmware version 2.00, please install printer driver version 1.60 and above (for Win95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP), and printer driver version 1.41 and above (for Mac OS/ OSX)
    Unzip the downloaded Firmware Update Tool ("w7200_firmwareV200.exe" / "w7200_firmwareV200.hqx" / "w7200_firmwareV200.sit").
    Double-click "CNWFUT01.exe"
    Follow the message on the screen to update the firmware.

see this link>>>>Canon in South & Southeast Asia

SEE PDF>>>
    Print Head Change_BC-1400 BC-1450_TP09.pdf
    Last edited by teckat; 08-28-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

There are two ways to upgrade the system software on the Large format printer.
    One is using the FUT, Firmware Upgrade Tool and the other is using the L Printer Tool.
    The FUT is designed so the customer can flash or upgrade the printer on there own.
    The printer must be in normal operating conditions to use the FUT.
    This article does not cover using the FUT to upgrade the printer.
    The second method is using the L Printer Tool.
    This is what the technicians can use when the printer is having problems.
    The requirements for the L Printer Tool are:
    1. The print driver must be installed on the PC or Laptop that is connected to the printer.
    2. The FUT file must be downloaded and unzipped on the PC or Laptop that is connected to the printer.
    3. The PC or Laptop needs to connect to the Printer, via the existing network configuration the customer is already using or a cross over Cat. 5 cable or a USB 2.0 cable.
    Note: USB is simpler to use, (No TCP/IP configuration is needed).

To flash/upgrade system software on the Large format printers the FUT file for the model must be downloaded.
    This FUT program contains the firmware to flash the printer.
    The L Printer tool needs this firmware to flash the printer.

see link>>Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : imagePROGRAF W7200

Re: imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New and COM_FUT exe tool

Quote Originally Posted by Mannix View Post
    Hello,
    I have read this message about.

I purchased a new head and wanted to change the head and therefore had first to update the Firmware as described within the manual of the new head for the W7200. Since that moment the printer is like death.
    Turn it on and "initialising" with no periods is showing up and nothing else anymore possible even after one day waiting. I also did hook up a HyperTerminal on the serial port where I was able to read on starting up the following;
    RAM check OK, Attached TCP/IP interface to dp Unit 0, Attaching interface lo0.. done, Adding 1572888 symbols for standalone. And here it seems to get stocked.

I called Canon here in Switzerland and they told me to contact a company ESAG which is doing the service for this printer. After a few calls the technician told me that I had to replace the main controller board about 2'600CHF (almost more than a new printer). I explained about the fact that there should be a way to recharge the firmware thought the serial port with specific software. He told me that he never had seen a serial port on these W7200 printers. (That is the technician from ESAG, who is responsible for Canon CH business products)

I tried to get a hold of some other support from Canon Germany, Austria and from Switzerland. The other countries referred me back to canon CH and canon CH back to the company ESAG.

I’m willing to pay for help, but not the price of a new printer and on top for a firmware upgrade which had to be done before installing a new print head. In your message you are stating about Com_fut tool from canon in your place. Is there maybe anyway you could help me or maybe if possible get me your contact person or technician by canon?

Does anybody has some news about this Com_fut tool? What is it and how or where to get it it. Is a canon specific tool or is it alo in use for other products?

I hope somebody out there is able to give me some help concerning this issue and looking forward to hear respectively read from you.

Many thanks in advance
    Mannix

check your PM (Private Message)

Technician

Hello Teckat,
    First of all I would like to thank you very much for your reply and your PM.

I have tried once more all your suggestions with L Printer and FUT tool without any success.

As mentioned the Printer stays at Initializing without any prompt (...) afterwards. On the network configuration TCP/IP I’m not even able to ping the printer at 192.168.1.53 and on connecting on the USB port all 3 PC's are not recognizing the connection. However the network connection TCP/IP the lights are blinking on the back next to the connector.

There most be something available to reload the firmware over the onboard serial port.
    maybe you have any other solution within your Mc Guyver box ;-)

Many thanks
    Manix

Technician

Hey again,
    Yes still trying to get it somhow going.

Just for information the printer was working fine on USB and TCP/IP configuration before upgrading the firmware for the new head.

I think I have already all manual even the Service Manuel for the W7200.

Here just an info from earlie on in his thread "L Printer Service tool does not support Canon w7200/7250 which requires com_fut.exe and its firmware, as previous post."

If my understanding is correct the COM_FUT.exe is for the serial port and the one you have provided is the network CNWFUT01.exe.

Thank you so much!

Technician

Re: imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ Firmware upgr. failed stucked

Does anybody has any news concening a possible solution for this W7200 stucked at initialising after firmware update.

Here are some pictures of the controlle board which should be flashed somehow trough the serial port.

I was unable to find any reference forthis controller board on the web so far.

Maybe somebody know where to get a new board for an reasonable price.
    IMG_0894.jpgIMG_0895.jpgIMG_0896.jpgIMG_0897.jpgIMG_0898.jpgIMG_0899.jpg

my friend sent this procedure/ he said u need to follow it to the the T
    I know u have seen this before- I asked him to research the BOARD- GET BACK TO YOU

How to Flash/Update firmware on a Wide Format Printer with the L Printer Tool

After the L Printer Tool is downloaded and unzipped open up the folder where the file was unzipped to and double click the setup.exe file.

The install shield Wizard will start./ Select [Next].

Select the default location for the destination location and select [Next].
    The ready to install screen will appear, select the [Install] button.
    Windows Firewall setting screen will appear. Select the (Deactivate the block) check button and then select [Next].
    Select the [Finish] button to complete the installation.

After installing the software reboot the computer. Now start up the L Printer Tool software. Next we need to connect to the printer. First select how the laptop or PC is connected to the printer, USB = Local and Network = cross over or TCP/IP connection. The USB connection is simpler to use because there is no TCP/IP configuration to set up.
    To do this, from the main menu of the L Printer Tool select [View] and then select [Specify Search Range]. The Specify Search Range screen below will appear. Select Local for USB or Network and enter the TCP/IP information on the laptop or PC being used, and then press the [OK] button.

After selecting the type of connection press the [Refresh] button on the screen.
    This will start the connection process and the L Printer Tool will search for connected printers.
    Point the L Printer Tool to the location of the firmware.
    On the L Printer Tool main screen select the [Specify Firmware] button. In the Specify Firmware dialog box select the browse button at the far right end of the Specify Firmware Folder box, it has 3 dots on the button. [...]. Now browse to the folder where the FUT tool was downloaded and unzipped. In the image below the path to the Data folder is shown. Select the Data folder and press the [OK] button. This will populate the Specify Firmware Folder box with the path to the Data folder that contains the [.jdl] file that is needed to flash.

Next select the Specify Firmware File option so the dot appears highlighted next to it. Now browse to the same folder and open the data folder and select the [.jdl] file so it is listed in the Specify Firmware File dialog box.
    If the selection process has been completed correctly the file name will appear to the left of the Specify Firmware button.
    From this screen select the printer to flash and then select the [Transfer Firmware] button. Select the [OK] button from the box that appears to start the firmware transfer.

The printer will reboot after the firmware has been transferred.

Re: imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ Firmware upgr. failed stucked

Quote Originally Posted by Mannix View Post
    Does anybody has any news concening a possible solution for this W7200 stucked at initialising after firmware update.

Here are some pictures of the controlle board which should be flashed somehow trough the serial port.

I was unable to find any reference forthis controller board on the web so far.

Maybe somebody know where to get a new board for an reasonable price.
    IMG_0894.jpgIMG_0895.jpgIMG_0896.jpgIMG_0897.jpgIMG_0898.jpgIMG_0899.jpg

these are reliable Board repair services/

Nation-Wide Repair Service
    16151 Foster Street
    Overland Park, KS 66085
    Customer Service: 1-866-655-8676
    Fax Number: 913-631-8372
    Technical Support: 1-800-798-1814
    Hytec Dealer Services
    3600 Vineland Rd Suite 121
    Orlando, FL 32811
    Customer Service: 1-800-883-1001
    Phone Number: 407-297-1001
    Fax Number: 407-297-4310
    Technical Support: 1-888-883-2001

Technician

Thank you for the info Teckat,

Apparently the L Printer Tool does no support the W7200 and how to access the printer.

We cannot even ping the printer anymore over the LAN and when connecting USB or fire wire the different PC's which we had tried, are not detecting and or recognizing the connections.

When connecting the serial board which is located directly on the controller we get the following information within the HyperTerminal of XP;

1. *** RAM check...OK
    2. Attached TCP/IP interface to dp unit 0
    3. Attaching interface lo0...done
    4. (Empty line)
    5. Adding 1572888 symbols for standalone.

Do you may have access to a tool which is called COM-FUT.exe (I guess it is a COM port FUT). this was apparently used by a technician in Australia.

Many thanks again
    Regards Mannix