Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New

Re: imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New

Quote Originally Posted by uflorin32 View Post
    Can you help me with a copy of the software? I have a w8400 which starts and remains blocked in "Print head error" ... have cleaned the head, replaced some parts but still can't run over this error and I can't find the software.
    Thank you in advance.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : imagePROGRAF W8400

The FUT file contains Firmware & it has the has L PRINTER TOOL needed.

There are two ways to upgrade the system software on the Large format printer.
    One is using the FUT, Firmware Upgrade Tool and the other is using the L Printer Tool.
    The FUT is designed so the customer can flash or upgrade the printer on there own. The printer must be in normal operating conditions to use the FUT. This article does not cover using the FUT to upgrade the printer.

***The second method is using the L Printer Tool. This is what the technicians can use when the printer is having problems.
    The requirements for the L Printer Tool are:
    1. The print driver must be installed on the PC or Laptop that is connected to the printer.
    2. The FUT file must be downloaded and unzipped on the PC or Laptop that is connected to the printer.
    3. The PC or Laptop needs to connect to the Printer, via the existing network configuration the customer is already using or a cross over Cat. 5 cable or a USB 2.0 cable.
    Note: USB is simpler to use, (No TCP/IP configuration is needed).

***To flash/upgrade system software on the Large format printers the FUT file for the model must be downloaded.
    ***This FUT program contains the firmware to flash the printer. The L Printer tool needs this firmware to flash the printer.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

EXAMPLE SHOWN BELOW

On Canon Website****for W8400
    After choosing the Operating System scroll down to the Firmware section of the page.
    In this area select the FUT file to download.

The file download security warning screen will now appear. Select [Save] from this dialog box to download the file.

Next select where to save the file on the HDD. The best method would be to create a folder and save the file in the newly created folder.
    Select save and the file will start to download.

The file that was just downloaded is in a zipped format and needs to be unzipped or extracted so it can be used.
    Double click on the zipped file and the Win Zip Self-Extractor will open as in the image below. Now select [OK].

Note: If the Win Zip Self Extractor does not open this file Win Zip may not be installed on your PC or laptop. Older versions of Win Zip can be obtained as a free download. Google Win zip, download it and install it on your PC or laptop.

***After the file has been unzipped the Firmware Update Tool is ready to install and use or the Firmware Files are ready to be selected and used by the L Printer Tool.

***When the L Printer tool is used the program needs to select the path to the [.jdl] file that is actually the firmware file.

Select the [.jdl] file so it is listed in the Specify Firmware File dialog box.

If the selection process has been completed correctly the file name will appear to the left of the Specify Firmware button.
    From this screen select the printer to flash and then select the [Transfer Firmware] button. Select the [OK] button from the box that appears to start the firmware transfer.
    The printer will reboot after the firmware has been transfered.

Technician

OK I have a problem with, and hopefully you can help. I have a the w7200 series, I updated it and it changed it to the w7250, now it will keeps telling me to chek printhead. This started after I up dated the firmware to a verson 2.0. I tell it to check print head and it will just go into please wait. I cannot talk to the printer for its offline. I have tried usb and crossover cable, I have downloaded the ltool but it does not have the version on my printer, how can I roll back the firmware to make it work again, and also make it so I can talk to it again please help.

Quote Originally Posted by foolycooly71 View Post
    OK I have a problem with, and hopefully you can help. I have a the w7200 series, I updated it and it changed it to the w7250, now it will keeps telling me to chek printhead. This started after I up dated the firmware to a verson 2.0. I tell it to check print head and it will just go into please wait. I cannot talk to the printer for its offline. I have tried usb and crossover cable, I have downloaded the ltool but it does not have the version on my printer, how can I roll back the firmware to make it work again, and also make it so I can talk to it again please help.

Where did u get info that u could turn a imagePROGRAF W7000 into a W7250 _??

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

Where did u get info that u could turn a imagePROGRAF W7000 into a W7250 _??
    I did not get that info, when I went to the Canon in South & Southeast Asia. and used the firmware updater 2.0 in the screen shot, that is where I got the update.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I did not get that info, when I went to the Canon in South & Southeast Asia. and used the firmware updater 2.0 in the screen shot, that is where I got the update.

You still have a W7000 and not a W7250 > they both use same firmware.

Hope u followed the exact procedure needed as posted.

Technician

The diver I used to make it work before the up date was the w7200, I have included a picture of the unit.
    And yes I did follow the install lines, like I said the update worked. Now I have the error message replace p.head and its been sitting on please wait for the last 5 hrs. That is why I was wondering if I could roll back the driver to the one before it or fix the driver. It let me connect to it when the printer was online, and it did print before. the update made it so it would not register the print head.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shut down _pull power plug_remove network connection

Plug back in_ power up without network connection.

Report back

Technician

Shut down _pull power plug_remove network connection

Plug back in_ power up without network connection.

Report back
    have a message light flashing, with error e02802 check printhead, no connections other then power are on the printer all dipswitches are to the rear of machine