Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts linuxxpwin's Avatar

E025-003 irc3380

Good Day all,

I am havingh an issue with this error code, this code points to the Black deveolper motor. I have checked motor and it is all good, I proceeded to replacing the motor, yet the problem persist. I have check wiring and connections, check my sensors and all is good.

I have since then ordered the dc controller, but I am not 100% convince that this problem is the dc controller.

Does any one have any suggestions?

I have other machine of same model, so dc controller would not be a waste.

Linuxxpwin

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    E025-003 irc3380

The dc controller is certainly not the first place I would go. First try checking for a clog or blockage interferring with toner flow to the buffer unit or drum. Is there a noise? try turning the gear on the toner cartridge to see if it seized up. After inspecting what you can to eliminate blockage...then move on to things like motor or connector or sensors or boards or wiring/connectors as possible causes. Did you test the motor in service mode? (under Part-chk)
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

all of the above mentioned I have already done, I have even vacuum the developer and stir toner inside the unit tone did move through. When the start button is pressed Image is placed on the transfer belt, black included then I have the error.

Parts were checked in Service mode all checked out fine.
    However I am still not satisfied that the dc controller is at fault.

Linuxxpwin

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E025-003 irc3380

Quote Originally Posted by linuxxpwin View Post
    all of the above mentioned I have already done, I have even vacuum the developer and stir toner inside the unit tone did move through. When the start button is pressed Image is placed on the transfer belt, black included then I have the error.

Parts were checked in Service mode all checked out fine.
    However I am still not satisfied that the dc controller is at fault.

Linuxxpwin

Check the processing unit drawer connectors. FM2-9461-000 is the machine side and FM2-9445-000is the drawer side.

i have had this issue before with connectors
    Also Check for loose or pinched wires on the (Kit) connector board at J551 and J552.
    Picture..jpg
    service manual refers to this board as the Process Kit Relay PCB while the parts catalog calls it the Connecting PCB Unit.
    FM2-8266-000

*****Have u checked the white drive gear teeth on the Black toner cartridge / remove turn white gear over paper to check rotation/inspect those teeth
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    I have had E025-003 many times.

Mostly its toner dropped down onto the Toner Rotation Volume sensors ( PS5 and PS6 ) as shown in the picture above by the very kind Teckat.
    A blow out will do nicely. Machines here post Dec08 have a modified cable holder to stop the toner dropping down. Improves , but does not eradicate.

As said , which I have seen , it can also be the connectors shown above.
    Also common is , especially on machines sitting dormant for periods of time, is the cartridge gear getting stuck. Free off or stick a new toner in.

I have it a couple of times where the whole toner reservoir and feed screw have been compacted. You are better to remove the whole hopper assy to get at it.

Oh , yes , I have also had 1 instance where the drum was seized showing E025.

I went looking at the connectors very closely and found the suggestion by tekat have some merrit.

[COLOR="rgb(160, 82, 45)"]Check the processing unit drawer connectors. FM2-9461-000 is the machine side and FM2-9445-000is the drawer side."
    [/COLOR]

I did check the connectors closely and found one of the pins sticking further out than that all of the other pins, creating no contact on the machine side of the connector, I am in the process of rectifying this and will further inform everyone when I am through if I am successful.

Linuxxpwin

Good Day all, I have double checked everything, connections are fine, and retested all of the motors, all of the developing motor are NG! and of the toner container motor are OKAY.

I double checked the PIT-relay board and all there is fine. If anyone have another suggestion I will love it, but it seems to be all pointing to the dc controller board.

Linuxxpwin

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Good Day all, I have double checked everything, connections are fine, and retested all of the motors, all of the developing motor are NG! and of the toner container motor are OKAY.

I double checked the PIT-relay board and all there is fine. If anyone have another suggestion I will love it, but it seems to be all pointing to the dc controller board.

Linuxxpwin
    Would be a first for me , but good luck. Did you re clean everything? New toner cart? Try a new drum?

E025-003 irc3380

Linuxxpwin

did u clean the sensors behind the cover underneath the actual toners

****Measure to Prevent an E025 Error Code due to Toner Leakage
    Toner leaking from the toner cartridge falls inside the toner sensors (PS3/PS4/PS5/PS6), causing an
    erroneous detection and an E025 error (Error in the toner motor).

When removing and installing the toner cartridge, the toner in the supply route between the toner cartridge
    and the hopper may leak through the gap between the toner cartridge case and the holder of the machine.

hop..JPG
    P-1 Position where the toner cartridge is installed
    [1] Point of toner leak

The gap between the toner cartridge case and the holder of the machine is covered with a plastic sheet so the
    shape of the front unit cable guide on the toner sensor has been changed to prevent the toner from flowing
    onto the toner sensor.

clean the inside of the photo sensor area and replace the front unit cable
    guide to the new type.
    P-2

cover..JPG
    P-2 GUIDE, UNIT CABLE, FRONT
    [2] Change Point

When the front unit cable guide is replaced, implement a periodic cleaning of twice a year around the photo
    sensor area (PS3/PS4/PS5/PS6).

GUIDE, UNIT CABLE, FRONT
    FC6-9380-010> new part #
    Last edited by teckat; 07-07-2010 at 10:19 PM.

E025-003 irc3380

Thumbs up E025-000x>>>iRC2550/2880/3080/3380/3480 Series>

E025-0000 Yellow PS3 Toner rotation volume sensor (Y)
    E025-0001 Magenta PS4 Toner rotation volume sensor (M)
    E025-0002 Cyan PS5 Toner rotation volume sensor (C)
    E025-0003 Black PS6 Toner rotation volume sensor (K)

Clean toner from sensors PS3/PS4/PS5/PS6 and add
    tape cover to top of sensors to keep toner from soiling
    sensors in the future.

Example for Black Sensor Issue
    E025-0003: Toner rotation volume sensor (PS6) is soiled
    0018-0425 Color iR C3380G / Color iR C2880G / Color iR C3380i / Color iR C3380 / Color iR C2880i / Color iR C2880 / iR C3480 / iR
    C3480i / iR C3080i / iR C2550
    [ Inspected by Canon Inc. ]
    Description
    Since the error code "E025-0003" was displayed, the toner rotation volume sensor (PS6) was cleaned for solution.
    - E025-0003 can be displayed when an error of Bk developing assembly toner supply occurs.
    Cause
    Since the toner cartridge installation was performed repeatedly, cyan toner fell from the gear in the front side and accumulated on the
    toner rotation volume
    sensor (PS6).
    Field Remedy
    1. Check if the toner rotation volume sensor (PS6) is soiled with toner; if so, clean the sensor.
    2. If the symptom still occurs, re-fit J2005 and J2007 connectors of the DC controller PCB.
    3. If the symptom still occurs, replace the DC controller PCB with a new one.
    FM2-8263 DC Controller PCB Assembly

H1..JPG
    Remove PIT Relay PCB assembly
    H2..JPG
    Remove PCB Bracket
    H3..JPG
    Clean out Sensors PS3/PS4/PS5/PS6

S1..JPG
    After cleaning PS3/PS4/PS5/PS6
    Add a piece of tape on top each of
    PS3/PS4/PS5/PS6 sensors making sure
    not to block actuator once they are
    reinstalled. To make sure actuator does
    not hit tape, manually move gears to
    move actuator in and out of sensors
    before reinstalling PIT Relay PCB
    assembly.

S2..JPG
    S3..JPG
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/NICK/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG]Picture of cleaned sensors and tape
    (toner covers) has been installed over the
    sensors PS3/PS4/PS5/PS6