Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon Microfilm scanner MS350

Showing error codes and stuff on display I might need a part # for the dc controller.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Whats the error code? Maybe I can help u diagnose it. Love to help u with that part # but thats the one microfiche manual I don't have. I've got the MS 300 but I doubt thats the same dc controller. Also got MS400/500 & MS800. Post the error code & we will proceed from there.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

When pwr is turned on, the condenser lense cycles, there are 2 dashes on the display, then E0273, E0850, E0202, It cycles through these a few times if I press a control panel button. Then it quits doing even that. I disconnected the printer and the FS controller and the Roll film attachment with no change. The DMP board is still attached.

Thanks for the reply!

Ok- thats a lot of codes all happening at the same time. Maybe you do indeed have a problem with the controller pcb.
    E 202 ----scanner motor
    E 273-----condenser lens home pos fault
    E 850-----SD Ram Faulty

The 2 boards that all those codes have in common are the controller & dc pwr supply unit
    Are all your power supply voltages ok? Did this happen after dissassembly or service ? check connectors or for pinched wires
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Have not heard back from you...thought I'd follow up. Just to clarify ... I think the dc controller on the 350 is different from the 300 but not completely sure. What I do know is that the 2 machines are almost identical in every way.... but the 350 adds motorized focus and rotation and a keypad. Even the controller board could possibly be the same with connectors on the pcb for those additional features but as I only have the 300 manuals I cannot be completely sure. Hope this was informative & good luck.

Sorry it took so long to reply. The unit has been running without trouble for a long time. No Maint or changes prior to call. I might like to get Part #s on the DC Cont. and the DC Power supply unit from you and try them. There were several days of thunderstorms prior to this, and may have caused it all. Thanks again!!!

Ok - the MS300 power supply MH3-2056-000 and MS300 Controller MG1-3392-000 but again I would caution you that the controller may or may not be different. Do the troubleshooting & check the power supply output voltages before you start buying boards.

Thank you very much for the help!!

Glad to be service-----your welcome .

Hey blaze, And anyone else interested.

Thanks very much for the help then. I replaced the Controller board and the unit came on in fine shape, but with an L9 error. Looks like it is looking for a fp470. It has an FP250.So I am trying to use the 350 service tool to select the right printer. With a Adaptec 1480B scsi card in my laptop, I connect it and put the scanner in the scanner mode per the tech pub. The service tool comes up greyed out. What else do I need to look out for?