Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Canon IR-C5180 ERROR CODE E000532-8001

As per investigation I know that this code come upon the stapler unit not getting to home position. I saw that the STEPPING MOTOR (FH5-1037) was not turning correctly only kind of jumping in the same position ( like if it was stuck with something ) I decided to purchase it and I changed it, thinking that it might be bad. BUT (as always) the new one is also doing the same thing.

Now I'm confuse. Need help here !!!!

Thxs,
    Rad

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR-C5180 ERROR CODE E000532-8001

Quote Originally Posted by impaqsol View Post
    As per investigation I know that this code come upon the stapler unit not getting to home position. I saw that the STEPPING MOTOR (FH5-1037) was not turning correctly only kind of jumping in the same position ( like if it was stuck with something ) I decided to purchase it and I changed it, thinking that it might be bad. BUT (as always) the new one is also doing the same thing.

Now I'm confuse. Need help here !!!!

Thxs,
    Rad

the Stapler Assembly not returning to home position, or is not being recognized as being in home position. If the signal is lost between either the home sensor PI110, or the Swing Motor M105 the code will be generated.

First check the HP Sensor PI110 at the Finisher Controller J721A, (pin15 / signal), (pin13 / 5 volts). Turn off the machine and manually move the Stapler Head away from the sensor. Place your leads on the pin designated area listed above, and turn the machine back on. The sensor should generate a signal back to the Finisher Controller to turn on the motor M105. The motor should drive the Stapler back to the home position, and a change of state should occur on your meter. If not, it could be the sensor or the motor has failed.

also check the Ribbon Cabling that runs from Staple PCB1 to Staple PCB 2
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Teckat,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have move the stapler unit out of this home position and turn the machine on, the stapler unit receive the signal ( I say this, because it tries to move) but it seem like if the stepping motor ( the one that moves the stapler unit) is jam. I have check and with the machine OFF the stapler unit moves freely. So there is nothing obstructing the rout of the stapler unit. It seem like if the motor is not receiving signal correctly, because the motor just jump in the same position.

Hope I'm making myself clear. If not please let me know, really don't know how to explain what is happening with the motor. One other thing I changed it for a new one and both motor are doing the same thing.

Thxs.

**********what about the HP sensor P1110
    E532;Stapler shift motor error
    Stapler
    1) Is the stapler caught in the way of its travel route
    and is the sensor flag of the stapler alignment
    interference sensor (PI116) activated when power
    is ON?
    YES : Manually move the stapler to the position
    where the sensor flag is not activated.
    Stapler drive home position sensor (PI110)
    2) Check the stapler drive home position sensor.
    Does it operate normally?
    NO : Replace the sensor.
    Wiring
    3) Is the wiring between the finisher controller PCB
    and stapler shift motor normal?
    NO : Repair the wiring.
    Stapler shift base
    4) Is there mechanical trapping in the path of the
    stapler shift base?
    YES : Repair the mechanism.
    Stapler shift motor (M105)/Finisher controller
    PCB

5) Does it improve when the stapler shift motor is
    replaced?
    YES : End
    NO : Replace the finisher controller PCB.

*****if u need the machine up /
    there is a Temporary Functional Limit mode/ u can use until error is fixed

Temporary Functional Limit

The machine has a feature to temporarily enter the limited operation mode to perform only paper delivery, when
    an error is encountered. The machine can continue to operate in this limited mode until the error is removed.
    In the limited operation mode, stapling, alignment, and punching (only applicable when equipped with optional
    puncher unit) are not performed
    , while the inlet sensor (PI103), escape tray path sensor (PI118), and feed path
    sensor (PI104) remain enabled to detect any jam.

Operation
    1) When the host machine has started up, use service mode or user mode as follows:
    1-a) Service Mode
    Set '1' for the following: SORTER>OPTION>MD-SPRTN.
    1-b) User Mode
    Press [limit function mode]; when a Confirmation screen has appeared, press [yes].

Turn off and then on the main power switch of the host machine.

Communication with the Host Machine
    1) When the main power switch is turned on, the DC controller PCB will communicate to the main controller
    PCB that a functional limit has been imposed. The control panel will indicate that a functional limit has been
    imposed on the finisher.
    2) The DC controller PCB backs up information on the functional limit.
    3) Each time pickup occurs, the main controller PCB communicates the presence of a functional limit to the DC
    controller PCB.
    4) The DC controller PCB executes control only on delivery operation.

Last edited by teckat; 07-11-2010 at 12:41 AM.

finisher..JPG

FINISHER/ CLICK ON PIC ABOVE
    Stapler drive home position sensor (PI110)
    interference sensor (PI116)

The staple position depends on the staple mode and paper size.
    Whether the staple unit is at home position or not is detected by the stapler shift home position sensor (PI110).
    The stapler unit is equipped with a stapler alignment interference sensor (PI116). The staple motor (M111)
    operation is prohibited when the stapler alignment interference sensor (PI116) is ON. This is to prevent stapling
    at the stopper and damaging the stopper when the stapler shift motor (M105) is incorrectly adjusted.
    When the power is turned on, the finisher controller PCB drives the stapler shift motor (M105) to return the
    stapler unit to home position. If the stapler unit is already at home position, it waits in that state.

Click on pic below

STAPLER..JPG

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Teckat,

Here is what I have done or am doing.

First: When you send to make a copy the stapler unit is suppose to move ( where to I really don't know) but if I move it with my hands and reset it to it's home position it makes the copy just fine. If I leave it alone and do not help the stapling unit manually so it can get to home position, there is where the codes comes out. Because of this it seem that all the sensor are working correctly. Did you understand what I meant when I said that I think my problem lays with the Stapler Shift Motor (M105). It starts but it just jump back and forward in the same position make the code come out. I change the motor and the same thing happens. Can the Finisher Main Controller PCB go bad. When I got the finsher the stapler unit was out of track and I put it on track again, this could have done some damage to the Main PCB?

Hope you can help me to resolve this problem, once again thanks alot for your help.

mbsproducts@hotmail.com

Thxs,
    Rad

being off track should not have done any harm/
    try this/ remove the clear plastic staple cartridge
    /push stapler out of home/turn off n' on/ see if it returns home and prompts to add staples

The finisher controller circuit does not drive the staple motor (M111) unless the staple safety switch (MSW104)
    is ON. This assures safety in case where you happen to put your finger in the stapler.

Check the stapler safety switch (MSW104) on top of the swing guide assy it may have to be reseated

When the staple home position sensor is OFF, the finisher controller PCB rotates the staple motor in the forward
    direction until the sensor turns ON, allowing the staple cam to the original position.

The staple sensor (PI52) is used to detect presence/absence of a staple cartridge in the machine and presence/
    absence of staples in the cartridge.

The staple edging sensor (PI51) is used to determine whether staples are pushed up to the top of the staple
    cartridge

Shifting the Stapler Unit
    The stapler unit is shifted by the stapler shift motor (M105). The home position is detected by the stapler shift
    home position sensor (PI110). When there is a staple command from the host machine, the stapler shifts to the
    staple ready position, which depends on the stapling position and paper size.
    The stapler unit waits at the following points when staple mode is selected:
    <Front 1-Point Stapling>
    The position is the same as the stapling position.
    / click on pic below
    Staple pos...JPG

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    If I put the stapler unit out of home position with the machine OFF and then turn ON the Stapler Unit seem like if it did receive the command to move to home position but it just stays juggling in the same position. I even took the stapler unit apart of the track and dicided to see the Stapler Shift Motor (M105) and this is the motor that is Jumping back and forward (juggling) in the same position. Like if it is receiving command from Main PCB to go to home and back.

change motor/ or check cable connections/ check contact pins on connector end/

did u change the home position sensor ??/ even though u can manually move stapler to block HP sensor it does not mean a change of state takes place/
    u need to check the sensors/switches & motor state in service mode> I/O (I/O Display Mode)><Finisher W1/W2>

P019
    0- PI118 escape tray path sensor 1: paper present
    1- PI119 escape tray full sensor 1: full
    2 - stapler HP detection 1: HP
    3 - stapler READY
    4 - stapler LS 1: staple present
    5- PI121 escape feed upper cover sensor 1: close
    6- PI110 stapler shift HP sensor 1: HP
    7- PI116 stapler alignment interference sensor 1: interference

P020
    0- M105 stapler shift motor current switch I0- 0: ON
    1- M105 stapler shift motor current switch I1- 0: ON

2- SL103 No. 1 delivery motor shift solenoid 1: ON
    3- SL104 buffer trailing edge retaining solenoid 1: ON
    4- CL102 stack edging lower roller clutch 1: ON
    5- CL101 shutter open/close clutch 1: ON
    6- M102 stack edging motor current switch I1- 0: ON
    7- M102 stack edging motor current switch I0- 0: ON

Technician

Re: Canon IR-C5180 ERROR CODE E000532-8001

Had same problem it was cable from staple unit to board.