Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    starprint

Unhappy CLC3200 Printing one copy - Please help

Our company has purchased a Canon CLC3200.
    We have a few other digital printers and have no problems with them.

Problem is every time we wish to print multiple copies of a document the printer will only print one copy and the job is complete. When scanning it can print many copies.
    We have installed the PCL5e driver on the Canon website and tried the other drivers too (am I not loading something)- it will print but only one copy.
    Personally I have installed it on other machines too. It is connected with the LPT1 port and ethernet so it can be shared.
    I have reinstalled drivers and done this many times over but still not resolved the problem.
    We are new to digital printing and hope the experts here can help. We use this for work and it is a real pain.
    The memory is on 100% - I do not know what a fiery actually does but has this on as a feature on the machine. Am I doing something wrong.
    We look forward to your replies. Thanks people. We are new here too and hope you will help.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CLC3200 Printing one copy - Please help

Quote Originally Posted by starprint View Post

Problem is every time we wish to print multiple copies of a document the printer will only print one copy and the job is complete. When scanning it can print many copies.
    We have installed the PCL5e driver on the Canon website and tried the other drivers too (am I not loading something)- it will print but only one copy.
    Personally I have installed it on other machines too. It is connected with the LPT1 port and ethernet so it can be shared.
    I have reinstalled drivers and done this many times over but still not resolved the problem.
    We are new to digital printing and hope the experts here can help. We use this for work and it is a real pain.
    The memory is on 100% - I do not know what a fiery actually does but has this on as a feature on the machine. Am I doing something wrong.
    We look forward to your replies. Thanks people. We are new here too and hope you will help.

are u using the Command Workstation to hold and print ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

baseball4

try using the ps driver. this should be embedded on rip so web into rip and look for download and should see drivers.

Make sure u have at least v81.01 firmware installed/
    it addresses PS/ and PCL issues

*****First Make sure that the COLLATE box is not checked in print driver

also>Make sure you don't have COPY and PRINT page limits on
    Last edited by teckat; 07-14-2010 at 05:51 AM.

starprint

More help is needed

I have installed the PS driver. However I do not know anything in relation to software issues.
    Can someone please let me know where to download the software and how to.

I have installed PCL from the Canon website and tried PS. I am embarassed to admit I do not know what is meant by
    1. Firmware Version 81.01 - what is this
    2. And I do not know what is Command Workstation

Really need this up and running.

I have installed the PS driver. However I do not know anything in relation to software issues.
    Can someone please let me know where to download the software and how to.

I have installed PCL from the Canon website and tried PS. I am embarassed to admit I do not know what is meant by
    1. Firmware Version 81.01 - what is this
    2. And I do not know what is Command Workstation

Really need this up and running.

Firmware is on the iR3200/=it's own operating system software

what applications are you printing from_

are u a service tech or end user ??

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    This isn't just limited to Canon drivers, been happening with others on Vista and Win7. Finishing options and # of copies are the last info sent by the print driver to the printer.
    Try changing the spooler in the printer properties Advanced tab from "Start printing immediately" to "Start printing after last page is spooled". This allows the print driver time to process and RIP the entire job before it is released to the printer.

starprint
    THANKS for all your advice and support.
    I had to uninstall my driver for the Canon Printer.
    I then had to take out the LPT1 as this slows down the process and only connected via ethernet.
    Then checked it via Internet explorer and it was communicating with it.
    I installed the Canon CLC3200 V2 driver - but PS Driver and it works now very well.

Thanks for all your help