Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Tech Tips_imageRUNNER C5180 Series

Re: Tech Tips_imageRUNNER C5180 Series

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    my last suggestion is to check the small connector for the HP sensor array/ When u did the manual adjust of the belt to center position/ which way did the belt shift when error popped up ?? also when u did manual adj./ did printer pop error when powered up ?? or after this procedure ??? - Service Mode COPIER>FUNCTION>FIXING>FX-UHP-S (Fixing belt displacement control auto home position search) - Service Mode COPIER>FUNCTION>FIXING>FX-LHP-S (Pressure belt displacement control auto home position search)
    I have the same issue right now, on my 5185i I got a E000001-0211 restarted printed some more, got same code again, read up on everything here and service manual, took fuser out, lower pressure belt was towards the back moved it to center, with put it all back together, started up let it get to ready mode, now although I did not replace with new unit, I thought it is worth a try, in service mode i did the COPIER>FUNCTION>FIXING>FX-UHP-S after 2-3 minutes got an ok now I did the Service Mode COPIER>FUNCTION>FIXING>FX-LHP-S in 1 minute got a NG and an E000007-0001 now I think I have a bad sensor PS5 or something, If anyone knows more about this, please let me know,

how old is unit (copies/prints) ?? u can try to re-center and not do that COPIER>FUNCTION>FIXING>FX procedure- it's the interior roller wrapping that breaks down inside fuser belt which causes the belt to drift/ and contact face of inside thermistor to push away- eventually the belt will break up and shred probably time to replace unit/ expensive / if not with a Canon Authorized dealer

Technician

I have 240K total on this machine. got it used 70K copies ago, well, I got an -0201 code, removed and adjusted fuser belt, replaced, powered up, got 1 page out and an -0001 code, removed adjusted and replaced (I am getting fast at removing and replacing these) same code, so I took an older fuser from a machine that has about 1.2 million copies, (fuser belt is not too good, has black tire marks all over, mostly on the sides) and installed it with its own moter, and its working, however i am getting stains on all copies, top and bottom (dirty fuser belt is causing this), so I started printing on letter and Right angle or short side is fed into copier, now it prints fine for single prints, but on double it gets a paper jamb in the duplex feeder code is 010A (under P is 1) cleared it and it jambs again same place (3 times) I will have to read up on where the sensors are out there.

010A Duplex Motor M26> check the underside connector going into motor -pic shows it out of position
    M26.jpg
    Check and/or replacing the following:
    1. Duplex Motor M26 connector J2083 for proper connection. 2. 30T Pulley (FU7-0196-000) and Timing Belt (XF2-1607-240).
    3. Duplex Motor M26 (FK2-2520-000).
    also-----Check to make sure that the Mylar Guide located in the Delivery Door is firmly in place and shows no
    damage. If the Mylar is bent or out of position intermittent jamming will occur when duplexing. Replacement Part number is FL2-5797-000.
    click on pic

mylar.jpg

therefurbisher

Hi there,

The company I work for is a major printer refurbishment company. I am in charge of rebuilding the IRC5180 fusers here. I am currently in the process of gathering information on these fusers so that I can provide the best refurbished product. I have read all of the service bulletins available, and have been scouring the web for information such as this thread. I would like to ask for all the concerned techs out there what pointers would you give me so that I can provide the best rebuilds of these fusers. There might be a day when you receive a fuser rebuilt by us, so any help will only help you in the end. Thanks!

Matt
    therefurbisher

Quote Originally Posted by therefurbisher View Post
    Hi there,

The company I work for is a major printer refurbishment company. I am in charge of rebuilding the IRC5180 fusers here. I am currently in the process of gathering information on these fusers so that I can provide the best refurbished product. I have read all of the service bulletins available, and have been scouring the web for information such as this thread. I would like to ask for all the concerned techs out there what pointers would you give me so that I can provide the best rebuilds of these fusers. There might be a day when you receive a fuser rebuilt by us, so any help will only help you in the end. Thanks!

Matt
    therefurbisher
    Canon had standerds to meet/ these units are only refurbished once/ where do u think u can obtain all the parts needed to meet standards ?

therefurbisher

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Canon had standerds to meet/ these units are only refurbished once/ where do u think u can obtain all the parts needed to meet standards ?

These units can be refurbished a maximum of 4 times. If you pull off the paper inlet guide you will see a barcode; and on it will be red dots. How many red dots, are how many times it has been refurbished.

I have access to all the parts.

I was asking for advice on common issues so that we can address them accordingly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therefurbisher View Post
    These units can be refurbished a maximum of 4 times. If you pull off the paper inlet guide you will see a barcode; and on it will be red dots. How many red dots, are how many times it has been refurbished.

I have access to all the parts.

I was asking for advice on common issues so that we can address them accordingly.

Thanks
    I know they can be refurbished 4 times / those units ,usually after two refurbishing are crap> even with meeting standards----it all depends on the life of the unit (amount of prints/copies/) that is what matters most/

I have worked on hundreds of these models/units/ there is NO WARRANTY ON REFURBISHED UNITS , SHIPPING COSTS ON THESE UNITS ARE EXPENSIVE

what are your inspection standards and guidelines
    are u aware of what exactly it takes for these units to function in a particular setting

do u have any idea the time it takes to >inspect,examine,choose what to replace> then replace>then test>u then observe something wrong>u take apart to troubleshoot issue>test again> replace failed test part> test again> & on & on~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fixing / Pressure Belt,
    Fixing / Pressure Rollers,
    Heater Assembly
    Fixing Motor (Life Span ?)
    Pressure Belt Motor
    Displacement Control Motor
    other rollers, gears, bushings,sensors and guides)
    thermostat,thermistor,connectors, plastic Tension arm,
    Test Belt Displacement Control
    Test to insure performance is consistent with original specification-

therefurbisher

Am I looking forward to everything you point out? The answer is no. You make some valid points. This is not the first time that we have took on a project like this. We have a contract to repair X amount per month. This is what makes it all worth while.