Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: NP6016 E007

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

NP6016 E007

Hi! i would like to seek help from you guys on how to solve E007 of Canon NP6016. I know its somewhere in the fixing unit but i don't know where to start . Is there a way to reset it? One thing i've notice on the fixing unit is that the gear on the rear side (..the .white gear which look like a pie )the one that is lift by a small motor is already lifted too high! I used to see the arrow on the gear is pointed somewhere in the middle but now it's already pointed at the highest adjustment, what seems to be the problem? By the way the film is still ok ...and im still trying to prevent it from ripping . Hope you can help me. Thank you very much!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    NP6016 E007

The film has shifted toward the front and is not being read by the film sensor. You can try to physically move it further to the rear but one thing I found with that machine years ago is it had to be level or the film would shift. Alternative is to replace the unit. Those fixing units aren't fun to disassemble

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    NP6016 E007

There is a very detailed description in the manual of the procedure to center the fixing film. It's ~ 5 pages and I'm not going to attempt to quote it off the top of my head after 12+ years. Look in the manual. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    NP6016 E007

That is one old machine.......might be a good opportunity for you to recommend replacement rather than repair. If you are going to attempt this---send me a email at blazebusiness@cox.net and Ill send you the information you need to remove and disassemble the fuser.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 07-27-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

best way to repair NP6016. Find the nearest dumpster and put copier in it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    NP6016 E007

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post
    Hi! i would like to seek help from you guys on how to solve E007 of Canon NP6016. I know its somewhere in the fixing unit but i don't know where to start . Is there a way to reset it? One thing i've notice on the fixing unit is that the gear on the rear side (..the .white gear which look like a pie )the one that is lift by a small motor is already lifted too high! I used to see the arrow on the gear is pointed somewhere in the middle but now it's already pointed at the highest adjustment, what seems to be the problem? By the way the film is still ok ...and im still trying to prevent it from ripping . Hope you can help me. Thank you very much!!!
    Attachment 5521
    Last edited by teckat; 07-27-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: poor pic
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    NP6016 E007

Quote Originally Posted by goldencup View Post

double click on poor pic below

np6016..JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**