Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Test charts

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Test charts

Good charts.

Thanks.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Test charts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Great test charts/ but i have learned, anytime a tech or a salesman start showing Color test charts to a customer , you are obligated to meat the demands of the customer, without a leg to stand on. The test chart Color & Grey Scale are very deceiving , it all depends on customers environment, paper, & machine maintenance, and their understanding of the range of Color. I never carry or use them , and when a customer whips out a test chart, I tear it up.
    In response to teckats comment-----------he has a point. Especially on "Business Color" products which have a more limited ability to reproduce color than your high end color equipment. Show a customer a test chart and there expectations may rise to an unreasonable level for other types of color reproduction and complaints may start.

Also---on a side note , the color a customer sees on the computor monitor may (and I say almost always does) differ slightly from the colors printed by the copier. And often-they do notice and request that you make the copier match the rgb output of the monitor.

I personally would never do without a test chart. I find them a valuable tool in checking overall image quality and use them daily.

Anyway------hope you enjoyed the charts and thanks to all who responded.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Test charts

many customers think Color Copy Machines are Printing Presses/ also a True Color Reproduction of a test sheet proves nothing to the eye, all individuals see color different. when you deal with a Graphic Artist or a Print Shop Pro they see Color Gradation issues that a novice field tech will always have trouble reproducing for them , with over 20yys exp on Canon Color products , I have seen or heard it all when it comes to Color.

We even have customers complain about imagePress 6000/7000 Color Reproduction/ u can't please everyone
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Test charts

I tell customers,

you get what you paid for.

Some expections that customers have are quite beyond. They purchase a ufr kit and a business color copier and expect wonderful output quality prints.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Test charts

I always blame the Salesperson, a Knowledgeable Tech, Trained on Color Products always knows whats best for his customers when they want to purchase or upgrade to a Color product. I have put many a salesperson in their place. A happy customer spreads the word about his service person. You rarely here a customer praise a salesperson.

Professional Print 100+ Posts
    We even have customers complain about imagePress 6000/7000 Color Reproduction/ u can't please everyone
    realy
    that 's right teckat

Learned a lot will become an expert

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Test charts

The imagepress has great color output! Hard to believe you get many complaints on that models color. On the business color - yes.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Test charts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    A happy customer spreads the word about his service person. You rarely here a customer praise a salesperson.
    This is so true.

This is the quote of the day!

Test charts

Like I said Color is in the Eye of the beholder, for some reason Europeans see Color different then us in USA, and we all know about Canon Japan RED

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.