Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    xx20yy

Setting of Scan To Email (From copier machine to gmail) For Canon IR3320i

Hello~!

I had some problems for the setting up of Scan to email for Canon IR3320i.

I had set the setting as information provided from the web, but still no luck.

However, if i use Mercury32 and Thunderbird, i able to receive "scan to email" from copier machine to my computer, and also able to send to gmail.

Now, my customer he want the "scan to email" from ir3200, direct send the scan document to gmail... (-_-!)

Anyone have any clues to solve it???

Thank you very much~!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Setting of Scan To Email (From copier machine to gmail)  For Canon IR3320i

The Quick Answer

• Follow the instructions below to set up POP access in most POP clients.
    • Google Apps users, please follow the default instructions unless otherwise noted, replacing 'your_domain.com' with your actual domain name.
    Thunderbird 0.x

Standard instructions:
    1. Enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
    2. Configure your client to match the settings below: Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL:pop.gmail.com
      Use SSL: Yes
      Port: 995 Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
      Use Authentication: Yes
      Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
      Port: 465 or 587 Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com) Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com) Password: your Gmail password Unless you're using recent mode to download mail to multiple clients, make sure you've opted not to leave messages on the server. Your Gmail settings determine whether or not messages stay on the server, so this setting in your client won't affect how Gmail handles your mail.
      Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.
      Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encyrption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.
    3. You're now ready to use POP with your Gmail address.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

xx20yy
    Thank you very much Screwtape~~

However, how about the setting on the copier machine (IR3320i)???

Click on printer setting button the specify the printer to be used on your scanner and save changes