Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Canon IR2270 Error code#E024

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased an IR2270 and working fine for about a few months but just now have this error message appearing on the screen (Error code# E024).

I dont have the service manual for this copier, but i do believe it might be the developer unit problem? Can anyone plis help me out?

thanks a lot

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR2270 Error code#E024

The code refers to the developing assembly connector as disconnected. Check the toner level. Check the connector. If thats not it you may have a toner sensor problem.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Are you using Canon toner.

The error code points to the developer.

There are two pizo sensors, one on the developing unit and one on the sub hopper.

As Blaze stated check those areas.

A bad DC controller can cause this also.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caldo View Post
    Hi Guys,

Recently purchased an IR2270 and working fine for about a few months but just now have this error message appearing on the screen (Error code# E024).

I dont have the service manual for this copier, but i do believe it might be the developer unit problem? Can anyone plis help me out?

thanks a lot
    Check in service mode [COPIER > I/O > DC-CON] and check the setting for the bit1 of [P021]. If the setting is "1", re-attach the toner sensor.

E024 on an imageRUNNER 2230/2270/3025 series machine.

Check if the toner sensor scraper blade in the developer is making contact with the surface of the toner sensor. To check the toner sensor scraper blade first set up a work area. Lay out several sheets of 11 x17 paper on the work surface. Disassembling the developer is a messy job. Remove the upper cover of the developer and then rotate the developer in a counter clock wise direction. Basically the cylinder should rotate so the toner is scraped off of the cylinder by the developer blade.
    If it is rotated in the wrong direction a large amount of toner will adhere to the developer cylinder and makes a mess.
    The toner sensor is located on the on the outside of the developer and part of it goes through the wall of the developer unit.

Next look at the inside surface of the developer where the toner sensor is mounted while rotating the developer cylinder in the correct direction. There is a Mylar scraper sheet that needs to touch the inside surface of the developer wall. In the image below the inside surface of the developer wall is being touched by the Mylar scraper blade. If the blade is damaged or broken off the toner will not be cleaned off of the sensor and give the error code E024. If the blade is the problem the developer will need to be replaced.
    The part number for the developer is FM2-0287-010.
    Last edited by teckat; 08-16-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Here's a shot of that sensor that's on the developer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Thats a great pic Screwtape!

Caldo- Just a word to the wise. If you are going to be working on this machine or any other machine -purchase the service manual. You can find books online so cheaply nowadays - it doesn't make sense to be without one now that thery are so affordable. Hope you find and fix the problem and Good Luck. Please post back and let us know what the fix is.-Blaze
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Try checking the dev connector where it plugs in & clean if any toner got in by the connector , as it will cause a short and also the cable tie in the wiring loom by the dev unit,
    I had this code the the wiring loom cable clip was too tight.

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    I've seen a few of these lately and the other symptom is that the toner bottle will be continuously rotated in search for toner but never be satisfied. I have tried upgraded software, DC Controller clears and replaced the piezeo sensors. The only way to be sure is to replace the Developer Assembly and the Hopper Assembly. Otherwise you will most likely see your customer in a few days or a few weeks for the same issue. Good luck.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_sacrifice View Post
    Take out the developer assembly and vacuum it out real good, reinstall unit back inside the machine. Check and make sure you are NOT using compatible toner, if you are replace it with genuine canon toner then go into service mode and install developer. That should fix the error problem. Try this first before you go taking the machine apart and create more problems for yourself.

The Developer procedure has already been posted with pictures/ see above pics & responses