Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

iR-c5180 - How to remove ColorPass-h1

Hi, fellows.

A customer has a c5180 with ColorPass-H1.

What has to be done in order to remove the H1 and enable the regular network connection?

Do I have to reinstall any particular circuit back in?

Please advise.

Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillAgudelo View Post
    Hi, fellows.

A customer has a c5180 with ColorPass-H1.

What has to be done in order to remove the H1 and enable the regular network connection?

Do I have to reinstall any particular circuit back in?

Please advise.

Thanks

Go in service mode-
    Enter Service mode (Additional Functions > 2 and 8 > Additional Functions). - COPIER>OPTION>INT-FACE
    put IMG-CONT back to 0
    then in go go in to System management settings > Network settings > TCP/IP settings > IP
    address settings/ and put in all your Network settings

put your network cable from printer to your wall network connector
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    your forgetting that is has sub board on the main controller - when this board is added to allow the rip to talk to the m/c somehow it disable's the license for pcl/ufr/ps - so cannot be put back(without alot of hassle)

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alex@wocltd.com View Post
    your forgetting that is has sub board on the main controller - when this board is added to allow the rip to talk to the m/c somehow it disable's the license for pcl/ufr/ps - so cannot be put back(without alot of hassle)
    I think printing options for a 5180 is optional. So if he removes any hardware that was install for the imagepass he will then need a printer kit N1 in order to print to the 5180.

However.

If it was a (i) model then UFRII/PCL printing would've been standard. If they wanted to add a imagepass to that (i) model, then yes, when installing that piece of hardware for the imagepass it will disable the UFRII/PCL kit.

But he said it was a 5180, so he would need a printer kit.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

SCREWTAPE/ yur' right i forgot about setups>

UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 is standard on the imageRUNNER C5180i / C4580i / C4080i models.
    It is an option for the imageRUNNER C5180 / C4580 / C4080 models.

imageRUNNER C4080 / C4580 / C5180 -
    - UFRII/PCL Printer Kit -N1 (optional)
    - PS Printer Kit -N1 * (optional)
    - imagePASS H1 (optional)
    - ColorPASS GX100 (optional)
    In order to print using the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 or the PS Option-N1, you should receive a LAN number in the kit and MUST register it online using the License Management System. The key must then be entered on the machine in Additional Functions > System Settings > scroll down > License Registration. Press 'Start' on the License Registration screen and then reboot the copier.
    * Remember that the PS Option-N1 requires the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 and the iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 (bringing total memory on copier to 1.5 GB).
    To verify the printer kit is installed:

1. Press the Counter Check button, then hit 'Device Configuration'. If the printer kit is installed, it will be displayed here (ex. UFRII/PCL Printer Kit).

OR

2. Check the LCNS-TR setting under Service Mode Level 2 > Copier > Option. The ST-LXUFR and ST-PCL should be set to '1', if the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 is installed. The ST-PS should be set to '1' only if the PS Option has been installed. If these options are set to '0', it means that the option is not installed.

In order to print via TCP/IP, make sure the RAW and LPD Settings are turned 'On' under Additional Functions, System Settings, Network Settings, TCP/IP Settings. LPD may be set to 'Off' by default.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**