Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR3225 universal scan problem.

Scan to FTP
    How to use scan to FTP to scan file to my Client PC function in Universal scan? Because i can't search any client PC in my domain. let's say my condition is, i have a Client PC is Windows XP pro and connect in a domain at Windows server 2003...

Scan to SMB
    In another way, i also try to use scan to SMB try to search my Client PC but i already key in correct username and password in case-sensitive then the canon M/C said i key in incorrect username and password. Why?

Should i enter the domain name and DNS address in the canon M/C for join into domain?

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkmaster View Post
    Should i enter the domain name and DNS address in the canon M/C for join into domain?
    Its required if you have a domain name server.

Can you browse out from the machine when you try using windows SMB?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

If u run in to this issue below>
    A point to note on these series machines>

imageRUNNER 3245 / 3235 / 3225 / 3230 -From last year
    Problem is :
    ***Can not scan to Universal Send destinations/other functions will work ok !
    A known issue with the 512MB expansion RAM. There appears to be a a bad batch of RAM chips. If this 512 MB RAM chip is removed the iR should be able to scan in color and black & white.
    There are two RAM chips for this machine. One is from Buffalo, which is sold by Canon USA. The other is from Canram, which dealers purchase directly from Canram. The Canram RAM is having the issues. The dealer needs to contact Canram directly for a replacement.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

ESA
    Windows 2003 server by default blocks smb broadcasts. There is a way to disable this blocking feature and everything will be seen again. It was a good post and I have used it in more than one location. Also make sure your workstations have netbios protocol enable so you see one another.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Its required if you have a domain name server.

Can you browse out from the machine when you try using windows SMB?
    Can see the Client PC but enter the Client PC username and password fail.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    If u run in to this issue below>
    A point to note on these series machines>

imageRUNNER 3245 / 3235 / 3225 / 3230 -From last year
    Problem is :
    ***Can not scan to Universal Send destinations/other functions will work ok !
    A known issue with the 512MB expansion RAM. There appears to be a a bad batch of RAM chips. If this 512 MB RAM chip is removed the iR should be able to scan in color and black & white.
    There are two RAM chips for this machine. One is from Buffalo, which is sold by Canon USA. The other is from Canram, which dealers purchase directly from Canram. The Canram RAM is having the issues. The dealer needs to contact Canram directly for a replacement.
    You mean the M/C should Be use two same type of RAM? how to recovery bad batch of RAM chips? Thank you!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESA View Post
    Windows 2003 server by default blocks smb broadcasts. There is a way to disable this blocking feature and everything will be seen again. It was a good post and I have used it in more than one location. Also make sure your workstations have netbios protocol enable so you see one another.
    Do remember the step of disable blocks SMB broadcasts in Windows server 2003? How to setup Scan to FTP? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmaster View Post
    You mean the M/C should Be use two same type of RAM? how to recovery bad batch of RAM chips? Thank you!
    u need to pull out and inspect Manuf. name on them / if Canram is listed contact them

Montreal, Canada: CANoemdesign@canram.com or call: 888-422-6276.
    Santa Ana, CA: USoemdesign@canram.com or call: 888-440-0400.
    London, UK: EUoemdesign@canram.com or call: +44-208-758-9600.

Memory Experts International - Manufacturer of copier memory, printer memory, fax memory, pc memory and copier cabinets

Push Scanning via SMB to a Windows 2003 Server

When attempting to scan a document to a shared folder on a Windows 2003 Server in an Active Directory domain using SMB, the imageRUNNER is unable to log on. You can browse to the server, but cannot log on. When you enter the credentials (user name and password) to log on, they are rejected.

This only happens when Active Directory 2003 is used for the domain. When there is no Active Directory, it will accept the log on credentials.
    This issue is detailed in Microsoft's Knowledgebase in article # 811497 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811497 ).
    Windows 2003 Server Active Directory requires SMB signing for secure communication, which the imageRUNNER cannot provide. This also applies to any member server in the Windows 2003 domain. You cannot scan to any server that is part of a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain. It also does not matter whether you use an administrator account or regular user account.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    * All Universal Send models released after 1/1/06 will support the digital signature requirement.

* UPDATE - Some models manufactured prior to 2006 also support the digital signature requirement of Windows Server 2003. Be sure the system software on these models has been updated to the latest versions. Models that support the digital signature requirement include:
    - imageRUNNER C3100 (v41.02 or higher)
    - imageRUNNER C6800 (v11.01 or higher)
    - imageRUNNER C5800 / C3170 / C2620 / C5870 / C6870
    - imageRUNNER C3200 / C3220 (v54.01 or higher)
    - imageRUNNER 2270 / 2870 / 3570 / 4570 / 5570 / 6570
    - imageRUNNER 8070 / 9070 / 105+
    - imageRUNNER 7105 / 7095 / 7086
    -----------------------------------------------------
    There are two workarounds. One from the Microsoft article (see above) and another from our testing. This matter is undergoing further investigation at Canon.
    I. This server feature can be turned off as the Microsoft article explains:
    1. If the server is a member server, open the Group Policy Editor. Click Start, Run, type in gpedit.msc, and hit OK.

* If the server is a Domain Controller, click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Domain Controller Security Policy. This will open the Default Domain Controller Security Settings window.
    2. In the Group Policy Editor, open the Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options folder.

* In the Default Domain Controller Security Settings window, select Local Policies, Security Options.
    3. Locate the 'Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always)' policy setting, and then click Disabled or Do Not Configure.

* If this option is grayed out in your Group Policy Editor, you are not logged in as an Administrator or you are working on a Domain Controller. Either login using an Administrator account or use the Domain Controller Security Policy tool (as described above).
    * Note - It may take some time (possibly hours) for the new group policy to be applied. After you make changes to group policies, you may want the changes to be applied immediately, without waiting for the default update interval (90 minutes on domain members and 5 minutes on domain controllers) or without restarting the computer. To make this update, at a command prompt, run the Gpupdate.exe utility. For more information on this utility, please see Microsoft KB article 298444
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298444&Product=winsvr2003).
    (A Description of the Group Policy Update Utility).
    To apply the changes you made to the group policies immediately:
    1. Click Start, then Run.
    2. Type in 'gpupdate /force' and hit OK.

II. Use a client computer:
    Another workaround is to scan to a share on a Windows XP or Windows 2000 client. Even if they are part of the Windows 2003 domain, you are still able to scan to them.

Havoc

Teckat, need your help :)

Teckat, it seems that you know what you are doing, so I need your help.

My problem is that it does scan, sends it to the folder, but after a few minutes it spits out a "error" page with no numbers, and at the scanner says "check the server". If I restart the server, it works again until it decides to do the same. I did what you said, all the steps, to no avail.

While scanning is not possible, everyone on the server ( 10 computers ) can print to it just fine.

I contacted Canon tech support and they say that it's something at the server, nothing wrong with the scanner.

The setup is like this: Server computer with XP Pro, a DLink DSS-16+ switch from which all the computers connect, including the Canon scanner. All other computers have also XP Pro.

This was not always the problem, it started a few months ago, although nothing changed.

If I go into the setup of the scanner, I get to "search for host", finds it, asks for the username and password ( which is admin with no password ), than says either "No browsing" when it doesn't work, or it shows the directory and folder stucture when it decides to work.

It does this everyday, a few times a day. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.