Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IR Advance 5035i gery screen

IR Advance 5035i grey screen

Hi

We have a 5035i that has problems starting up. Most of the time the screen is all grey, other times the progress bar appears but it hangs for hours.

I have stripped the screen and checked the connectors, changed main controller1 ( the board the screen plugs into. I have also swapped all the memory in main controller 1+2, 5 sticks, taken from another machine.

I did manage to get into download mode (2+8) and reload the software via usb but when it reboots into user mode the screen stayed grey.
    Last edited by skynet; 08-19-2010 at 07:26 PM.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Did you check voltages?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Hi

We have a 5035i that has problems starting up. Most of the time the screen is all grey, other times the progress bar appears but it hangs for hours.

I have stripped the screen and checked the connectors, changed main controller1 ( the board the screen plugs into. I have also swapped all the memory in main controller 1+2, 5 sticks, taken from another machine.

I did manage to get into download mode (2+8) and reload the software via usb but when it reboots into user mode the screen stayed grey.

is your machine still under Warranty, if so call Canon

You can try removing loads from the DC-Controller, (unplugging one connector at a time and starting up the machine), to see if some component is effecting LCD

see that Interface Cable below/ remove it & take it apart _& inspect the connectors inside for damage or if not seated firmly inside cable/ put it back together/& test

Just Seen a tech pub about the optional USB Keyboard causing Panel issues/ remove it /if on unit

imageRUNNER Advance C5030 / C5035 / C5045 / C5051

The first thing you want to check is the External Interface Cable on Main Controller PCB 1 connector J1003 which is for the Control Panel I/F as shown in the figure below. If this cable is not properly seated, you will get no or poor display.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi Guys

I had a ir adv 5030i give me the same problem. We replace all major pcb's except the powersupplys. Still no go. My sales manager got fed up and returned it under warranty.DOA

Unresolved

Regards

Gerhard

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Hi

I phoned people at support. Apparently the fault on my 5030 was the riser pcb (connecting board between two main boards). They changed that and the machine boots normaly.

Hope this helps

Regards

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

I don't know why but Canon touch screen control panels of late have certainly been having many more issues than in past models. -Thats a very recent model - I would Contact Canon to see if the machine is still under warrenty.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com