Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Red face canon ir 3200 : yellow toner cartrige not detect

hello my fren..
    i'm in trouble now.. my canon ir 3220 cannot detect yellow cartrige after i refill them..
    what should i do?

also.. shown massage : black copying is possible

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    is it only refill toner, what kind of toner you used. compitable or orginal
    have you change the new related toner chip set

Technician
    hurm.. i think i buy an compitible one..
    n the chip set i'm not change it

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    canon ir 3200 : yellow toner cartrige not detect

Quote Originally Posted by redzx View Post
    hurm.. i think i buy an compitible one..
    n the chip set i'm not change it
    CHECK_Sensor PS1 toner feed-screw rotation sensor detects the rotation of the feed-screw inside
    (Y) the toner container (Y).

Another Check>
    NOTE: It is recommended the machine be in a ready to copy condition before trying to run the motors.
    remove each color toner cartridge /and with a pair of needle noise pliers turn the toner auger sleeves located on the rear of the toner cartridge clockwise. The auger should turn with a slight resistance, if it hesitates, possible broken auger or the toner is clumped in the cartridge. Replace cartridge

Yellow motor check=
    * Enter service mode -Copier/Function/Part-Chk

* Open the front door of the copier and remove the toner cartridge of the motor you want to test.
    * Cheat the door interlock, (making sure the switch is fully activated, the machine will not cycle through initialization).
    COPIER>FUNCTION>MTR
    select #2 for M20 Yellow motor

* Select Mtr and input the number of the toner supply motor you want to check, then press OK.

* Select Mtr On and press OK, the motor should run for approximately 10 seconds.
    IMPORTANT: To check the operation of another toner supply motor you must remove the door interlock, pull the cartridge of the motor you want to check next, then reinstall the door interlock and follow the procedure again. Failure to remove the interlock prior to pulling the next toner cartridge will result in the motor operation not being performed.

Last edited by teckat; 08-21-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by hknwbec View Post
    is it only refill toner, what kind of toner you used. compitable or orginal
    have you change the new related toner chip set

there is no chip set in 3200 Toner Cartridges/ there is a /Sensor PS1 toner feed-screw rotation sensor detects the rotation of the feed-screw inside
    the toner container (Y).

iR3200 Drum Cam.jpg

Check Inside 3200/3220 unit/ all those lower white pieces must be in place/ the e-ring/ & pin behind them can pop off/out

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

I also thought Tekcat was correct that there was no chip but hey....Live and Learn - Actually-there is a chip I'm told. Here is a listing from one reseller :

http://refillbay.com/product/laser-t...ta.php?ref=FGL

If that's the case - your problem certainly is that you did not replace the chip. Replace it and be done with your problem.

P.S. I hate refills for the most part & use OEM(nothing works better) when I can. The seller that sold you that aftermarket toner should have warned you about the need for a chip.

Here is how most chips based toners work-----When you insert a toner that has a chip -The copier or printer blows the chip & continues printing untill the copier registers that it needs that toner again. Then it will then look for a chip on a new cartridge and blow that new chip & continue to function untill it recieves a toner out message again. If you refill the cartridge after the copier or printer detects the need for toner it will not work unless you rechip. If you refill a cartridge before the copier or printer detects that it needs toner- no chip is needed as the machine only requires input from that chip after it thinks its out of toner. Hope this was helpful!
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 08-22-2010 at 02:55 AM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    I agree with you that using OEM product is not reliable, unless you have a reliable supplier and manufacturer. I had replaced 1 set upper and lower roller. after running 5000 copier, I had an unthinkable fact . you can look at the photo as attached.

Broken Roller Photo.jpg
    When will I use the chip set. When I found the total weight of orginal toner cartridge is around 550 - 600gm, I will pout it out and put it in the bottle. When we store up to 500 - 550gm, I will refill the cartridge and then replace the chip set. Why we don't order the new cartridge,because we can fully use the toner . We don't sale toner cartridge as our customer base on meter charge.This method is only for service used and I don't agree for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    I also thought Tekcat was correct that there was no chip but hey....Live and Learn - Actually-there is a chip I'm told. Here is a listing from one reseller :

Laser Toner Refill for Canon CLC-3200 / imageRUNNER C2620 / C3200 / C3220 with Chip - Uni-Kit Toner Refill Kit :. Catalog :. Refill Bay

If that's the case - your problem certainly is that you did not replace the chip. Replace it and be done with your problem.

P.S. I hate refills for the most part & use OEM(nothing works better) when I can. The seller that sold you that aftermarket toner should have warned you about the need for a chip.

Here is how most chips based toners work-----When you insert a toner that has a chip -The copier or printer blows the chip & continues printing untill the copier registers that it needs that toner again. Then it will then look for a chip on a new cartridge and blow that new chip & continue to function untill it recieves a toner out message again. If you refill the cartridge after the copier or printer detects the need for toner it will not work unless you rechip. If you refill a cartridge before the copier or printer detects that it needs toner- no chip is needed as the machine only requires input from that chip after it thinks its out of toner. Hope this was helpful!
    Boy I'm getting Old/ thanks for keeping me on my toes

Your right, I forgot about that 3200/3220/2620 / ADD Toner Cartridge issue , I thought Canon addressed this issue from customer complaints a few years ago with a Firmware issue & and not posted about it.

From Old Paper Work

New toner container needed
    • if the number of rotations made by the toner feed-screw PS1 inside cartridge has reached the
    replacement threshold and, in addition, the reading of the ATR sensor is lower than a
    specific value=
    The toner container is identified as having reached the end of its life.

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post

Laser Toner Refill for Canon CLC-3200 / imageRUNNER C2620 / C3200 / C3220 with Chip - Uni-Kit Toner Refill Kit :. Catalog :. Refill Bay

Boy I'm getting Old/ thanks for keeping me on my toes

Your right, I forgot about that 3200/3220/2620 / ADD Toner Cartridge issue , I thought Canon addressed this issue from customer complaints a few years ago with a Firmware issue & and not posted about it.

From Old Paper Work

New toner container needed
    • if the number of rotations made by the toner feed-screw PS1 inside cartridge has reached the
    replacement threshold and, in addition, the reading of the ATR sensor is lower than a
    specific value=
    The toner container is identified as having reached the end of its life.

Attached Images Attached Images