Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

Re: IRC5180 H1 1.1 Upgrade to Version 2.0

Yes you could try, but it is most likely the touch screen is faulty, especially if the control panel buttons work?

bondijunction80

Post Re: IRC5180 H1 1.1 Upgrade to Version 2.0

Hi My friend, Thanks for the usefull information, I was wondering if you can help me please!

I have Canon C5180, I am unable to see the printer on network, also when I connect to my PC the pc unable to dedect the printer, I have setup my printer to the static IP address with inside the network so the setting are:

IP 192.168.1.80
    S/M 255.255.255.0
    GW 192.168.1.1

I can see the green light flashing on my network which is connect to switch, But I am not able to see the printer in network

do you this if i upload the software can help?

Thanks heaps

===============
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    BEST WAY TO UPDATE or RE-INSTALL H1 FIRMWARE is with USB

USB Flash Tool Procedure:

In order to utilize the USB Flash tool procedure to install System Software on the imagePASS-H1, the following items
    are needed:
    • USB 2.0 Flash Drive [not provided] with at least 2 Gigabyte capacity and a data transfer LED. Please
    note that not all USB 2.0 Flash Drives have been validated for use with the imagePASS-H1. If the one
    being used does not work, then another brand may have to be used.
    • A PC equipped with an Intel x86-compatible processor, a CD-ROM drive, 256MB or greater of memory,
    and support for USB 2.0 (a PC with support for only USB 1.1 can be used, but the process will be
    extremely slow).
    • imagePASS-H1 System Software CD.
    • USB Flash Tool CD (available for download by opening the following URL in a web browser window: cut and past it from below/direct link not allowed-
    http://downloads.canon.com/isg_public/USB_FLASH_TOOL.iso

. The file size is 154MB)
    Before installing System Software using a USB 2.0 Flash Drive, the Flash Drive must be prepared for use with the
    System Software installation Procedure.
    Preparing the USB 2.0 Flash Drive:
    1. Insert the USB Flash Tool CD into the computer’s CD-ROM drive.
    2. Reboot the computer so that the computer boots from the USB Flash Tool CD. Changes may have to be made
    to the computer’s BIOS settings in order to allow booting from the CD-ROM drive. See the documentation that
    accompanies the computer for details regarding how to configure the computer to boot from the CD-ROM
    drive.
    3. After the computer has finished booting from the USB Flash Tool CD, the Flash Drive Setup screen will
    appear. This may take some time. If the boot process does not complete within 30 minutes, then be sure to
    check boot priority in the computer’s BIOS settings to ensure that the CD-ROM is the first boot device. If this
    setting is correct and the computer still fails to boot from the USB Flash Tool CD, then the computer may not
    be compatible with the boot program on the USB Flash Tool CD.
    4. Follow the on-screen prompts. See the Installation and Service Guide (H1_I&SG.pdf) for more details.
    5. If desired, the USB 2.0 Flash Drive can be labeled with identifying information when the process is complete.

Installing System Software From a Prepared USB 2.0 Flash Drive:

1. Print out a Configuration page.
    2. Shut down the imagePASS (via the operation panel of the copier).
    3. Power off the copier.
    4. Be sure to leave the imagePASS-H1 connected to the copier (via the cross-over ethernet and communications
    cables).
    5. Attach the prepared USB 2.0 Flash Drive to a USB Type A connector on the imagePASS-H1.
    6. DO NOT move the imagePASS-H1 service dip-switches to the service (download) position.
    Leave the dip-switches
    in the normal position.

7. Power on the copier.
    8. Wait while the files are transferred. This may take anywhere between 6 and 20 minutes, depending on the size
    of the System Software. The LED on the USB 2.0 Flash Drive should show sporadic activity. The DIAG
    LEDs on the imagePASS-H1 will show random 2-digit hexadecimal numbers (including 00 and FF, for
    example).
    9. When the transfer of files is complete, the LED on the USB 2.0 Flash Drive should go off and stay off. The
    DIAG LEDs on the imagePASS-H1 should show FF and stay at FF.
    10. Wait 30 seconds to insure that the LED on the USB 2.0 Flash Drive stays off and that the DIAG LEDs remain
    at FF, then power off the copier.
    11. While the copier is off, wait 30 seconds after the DIAG LEDs have shut off and then remove the USB 2.0 Flash
    Drive from the imagePASS-H1.
    12. Power on the copier.
    13. When it becomes available, select the Printer Tab on the operation panel of the copier and then select the Printer
    Status/ Settings button.
    14. Immediately select a language when the Language Selection screen appears. If this screen disappears before a
    selection is made, the imagePASS-H1 and the copier may have to be power-cycled to get back to this screen.
    15. After a few minutes, the Select Market Region screen is displayed. Select the appropriate region.
    16. Enter the Administrator’s case-sensitive password: Fiery.1
    17. Enter the customer’s network settings (as provided by the customer or listed on the configuration page printed
    earlier).
    18. After all the appropriate setup options are configured, select Exit Setup and then select OK.
    19. Wait for the imagePASS-H1 to come to idle.

bondijunction80

Hi My friend, Do you have the Decryption key for the download, I am trying to download but it is asking me to enter the decryption key...Thanks Heaps

ArhiFedot

At first, BShurilla, thank you very much for these useful links! Such a pleasure giving new life (firmware) to another one old tech!

Quote Originally Posted by bondijunction80 View Post
    I can see the green light flashing on my network which is connect to switch, But I am not able to see the printer in network

do you this if i upload the software can help?

===============
    Maybe you should check your router settings. My advice is to turn DCHP on (and "auto" IP config on your printer). In printer's settings (or Configuration Page) you should find it's Ethernet MAC adress and then in DHCP Reservation List on your router you should bind to it a permanent IP adress. You can also do it in ARP List, for double insurance. Then reboot both devices and try!
    P.S. I trust only Mikrotik and Cisco routerboards ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bondijunction80 View Post
    Hi My friend, Do you have the Decryption key for the download, I am trying to download but it is asking me to enter the decryption key...Thanks Heaps
    Make sure you're using an recently updated browser (for example, Firefox 22.0), Java and FlashPlayer (I have downloaded with no problems at all)