Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IR7200/IR3300

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    IR7200/IR3300

IR7200/IR3300

Hi,

First of all, nice to meet you guys. This is my first post here. Ive just started venturing into copier business, currently with 3 machine: ir 7200, 2870, 3220.

My average copies per day is 8-15k.

Im planning to get 8500. Is it worth it or my current machine is adequate? I heard that it has same internal part as 7200.
    Thanks.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    IR7200/IR3300

The 85 and 72 are the same except for the speed.

Both good machine's

Is it giving you problems?

If not why change it.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR7200/IR3300

Screwtape is dead on unless you are expecting a higher volume on your B/W and you are worried about down time. The 7200 and 8500 are both work horses when maintained properly and can easily handle 200K a month. The 8500 does have a better document feeder though IMO.

Welcome to forum and good luck
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    What line of work are you really doing? Are you refurbing copiers or running copies? I would pick the 8500 over the 7200 because of the ADF, speed and when your laser starts to sound like an airplane taking off, it will be easier to replace.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    IR7200/IR3300

Currently those three machine on rental scheme and im not satisfied with their service time and rental rates.
    Ive collected enough money to buy up to 7200. Basically its a printing and photocopy shop situated in a well known university in Malaysia which student came and need their copies done ASAP.

My plan is to get a 7200/8500 and 3300 as backup and pc printing. What troubles me is that i got zero knowledge on copier aside from refilling toner. I do hope all the sifu's in here willing to help me in the future.

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Wow, nice gig... students in a hurry are most likely not to be as picky about copy quality as business customers. Whats the page count on that 7200? If your get close to a million, you will want to get it under contract if possible, otherwise you will paying for a lot of special tech attention.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Both are good machines. The 7200 will run great when taken care of. Learn the simple things like removing jams properly, things to clean like separation claws, glass, sensors in the feeder and maybe pick-up rollers in the cassttes. How to empty your own waste toner and maybe even how to replace the web and wires. These are all pretty simple things to do and will lessen the amount of service you need. Of course there will still be issues you need attended to so find a good service company or person, because eventually you will need them. We have a 7200 with almost 10 million on it. They are good customers that know how to run the machine properly. Things such as loading paper and toner and removing jams. This machine still runs over 100K between calls and sometimes as much as 200K. Also the feeder on the 8500 is faster but we have had very few problems with the 7200 feeder, but I will say most of their work is done through a print driver and not the feeder.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    IR7200/IR3300

Ooo, currently my 7200 counter is 200k, been using it since it was 1k [I think company who rental this machine to me resetted it counter]. That was about a month ago.

Yeah, learned how to remove jammed paper, but it seldom happen. Maybe once a week for 7200. But not for ir2870. Almost everyday got jammed paper.

Ive decided to get 7200 and 3300 right now. But im afraid my shop area was to small for 2 new machine. But nevermind that.

Guys, anyone here know what should i do as my 2870 cant load up. When i turn it on, it stuck at about 20%[those loading bar] on the loading screen. Huhu.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    The boot issue is often a HDD problem, but could be a boot rom or a couple of other things. You should have that looked at by a trained tech. If you want to fix the 2870 have the tech look at the jamming issue. There were a lot of updates and service adjustments to address that, but after doing all that they ran fairly well. The left inner door assembly probably needs to be updated as well as issues with the plastic guides that contact the door, they can warp. On that machine I believe there is also an adjustment for paper buckle. It can cause jamming and a crease across the center of the page. It is called a loop adj. and you should have a tech look at that.
    Is the glass half full or half empty? I say neither. The glass is obviously full, full of potential. The potential to hold more water or the potential to quench a thirst. Life is all about how you see it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    IR7200/IR3300

Okay, will call the technician on monday. Huhu.