Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IRC4080

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IRC4080

Is there any solutions for E007-0001 in IRC4080 without replace the fixing unit
    thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRC4080

Quote Originally Posted by copy_suhail View Post
    Is there any solutions for E007-0001 in IRC4080 without replace the fixing unit
    thanks

E007=
    CAN BE CAUSED BY MANY THINGS

Belt can even shred off

no magic adjustments/ u need to remove and inspect the gear assemblies for worn or damaged gears/ if gears are ok ,u can adjust belt to center position

E007.JPG
    u also need to check the> Gears on
    Fixing Belt Control Motor Assembly and
    Pressure Belt Control Motor assembly

E007_1.JPG
    E007_2.JPG
    E007_3.JPG
    E007_4.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    IRC4080

I know this is hard to say, but there's really no choice other than to replace the fixing unit.
    Make sure you have the latest firmware for DCon if and when you decide to replace that fixing assy.

Nice photo's teckat, I must have tried most of those remedies, with no prevail.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

IRC4080

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    I know this is hard to say, but there's really no choice other than to replace the fixing unit.
    Make sure you have the latest firmware for DCon if and when you decide to replace that fixing assy.

Nice photo's teckat, I must have tried most of those remedies, with no prevail.

Thanks, that center belt adjustment is a waste, once that inside metal roller in belt starts to peal off from thermo stat face dragging on it , it bunches up and tears belt.

when we first had the belt splitting , i tried to explain to Canon what was happening , they did not believe me until they viewed pictures i sent over , Fix unit is still a pain, i pity customers that do not have parts contracts

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I checked that teckat , All of its alright.

This is the second time and same problem in same machine.

thanks to all

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    IRC4080

Its odd!!

Because when you look at the life expectancy for that belt in service mode, the upper belt roller goes for about 150K.

There is no part # for the belt. The unit its self is rated for 300K, give and take.

The fuser unit almost never reaches 300K.

Why put a belt as a durable when you can't even order a belt.

How can they say a fuser unit should last 300K when they know the belt is going to spit itself out after 150, 175K.

That's my two cent on that.

Of course, then we have user's who use the machine in a unsuggestable manner.

Which dealers suffer when you got a couple of these units out there and user's are killing the machine.

There are times when we don't even want to buy the part for clients. When you got three or four that need to be replace, that hurts your profit.

I spoke to engineering about this way back when I had 20T gear crack on me twice.

All they said was to replace it with the updated one, and to make that the machine get flashed, and most importantly DCON when replacing the fuser unit.

Okay!

Two years later....

DCON is updated...

And fusers are still dying prematurely.

LOL!
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

IRC4080

Okay!

Two years later

DCON is updated...

And fusers are still dying prematurely.

LOL!

CANON ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT - Subject_iR5180 Fuser Unit

I said it will work, 2006-2007,it must work, 2008-2009,i state my reputation on it,2010~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Return message-u should know by now there's no time limit on it .
    Efficiency_Expert.JPG

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IRC4080

I track these units at our office and we put in around 100 every year. Average life for the past three years is at 224K and we have a bunch of these at print shops still and they all run 11x17 2 up. If I took them out of the average I know it would be higher.

That being said the fuser is still a $860 pain in the a$$ that is unreliable to say the least.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

IRC4080

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    I track these units at our office and we put in around 100 every year. Average life for the past three years is at 224K and we have a bunch of these at print shops still and they all run 11x17 2 up. If I took them out of the average I know it would be higher.

That being said the fuser is still a $860 pain in the a$$ that is unreliable to say the least.

Not in my world, with our customers using card stock, making books, full color at over 30% coverage , machines running 12/15 hrs a say, 6 days a week,in full production print shops, design studios, advertising firms, u do not get near that avg., have customers that run 200k full color a month on these babies, parts contracts on the 5180 series need Fuser units to be factored in before offering them to customers/ & u need to do research on their monthly output.