Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Technician
    You shouldn't be in the field if you don't understand the copy process. Digital is the opposite of the analog. You also shouldn't be in the field if you don't know networking or software basics. If you can't load a print driver or ping a printer your a tech that is soon obsolete. Keep everything simple. Relate new info to something you already know. I really feel alot of techs are limited troubleshooters not because of there lack of knowledge, but they don't know how to manage their emotions. They are nervous, or lack confidence. If your prepared for the call and plan, anyone can do it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Copy theory process

Quote Originally Posted by rdavisalan@gmail.com View Post
    You shouldn't be in the field if you don't understand the copy process. Digital is the opposite of the analog. You also shouldn't be in the field if you don't know networking or software basics. If you can't load a print driver or ping a printer your a tech that is soon obsolete. Keep everything simple. Relate new info to something you already know. I really feel alot of techs are limited troubleshooters not because of there lack of knowledge, but they don't know how to manage their emotions. They are nervous, or lack confidence. If your prepared for the call and plan, anyone can do it.

See Here Talk no.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Copy theory process

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Great history.

Tracking Dot Decoding Guide

EFF: DocuColor Tracking Dot Decoding Guide

Canon still uses tracking dots

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tinnyjay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    we don't need the copy process explained here , save it for your shop or field trainees
    If you dont need something,dont take it!
    But,i dont understand why you talk like you are copytechnet???
    I write here everything i want to write,without breaking the forum rules!
    It seems to be like i am a prisoner and you are the chief!

I wondering my self,why your behaviour is like this ,Mr Obama????
    "Who loves the roses,must also bear thumbs"

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    You shouldn't be in the field if you don't understand the copy process. Digital is the opposite of the analog.
    I believe you are painting with too broad a brush here in your statement. In what respect is analog the opposite of digital? Most digital copiers use write to black, but some like the iR5000 use write to white which is essentially the analog process. You just need to know which technology is being used, and service the equipment accordingly.

Copy theory process

Quote Originally Posted by tinnyjay View Post
    If you dont need something,dont take it!
    But,i dont understand why you talk like you are copytechnet???
    I write here everything i want to write,without breaking the forum rules!
    It seems to be like i am a prisoner and you are the chief!

I wondering my self,why your behaviour is like this ,Mr Obama????

my behavior is not questionable/ if I see something useless that is posted , I will respond to it, be it you or anyone else posting.

If u or anyone else thinks they can learn the copy process from books or online reading and not from true observation in the field training or shop training, they have a lot to learn about this business .

This saying below applies to anything in life/ especially in any type of Field Service job.

Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How

When you apply that procedure to any Service Call or Troubleshooting issue
    , u can focus on & attack & repair almost any issue u run into.

Technician
    Your kidding right? The copy process isn’t rocket science. If you understand how positive and negative charges work, you basically understand the copy process. K.I.S.S You’re making this way to complicated.
    I am sorry you have a hard time understanding technical material. Unfortunately your one of those guys that probably need to experience something or some trial and error before you understand it.
    The reason for this is because you don’t know how to network what you’re learning with what you already know. And for the who, what, when, where, How crap. No Sh*t Sherlock if your not doing that you’re a monkey. That was a given. Dude troubleshooting is using common sense. Like common sense some of us have it and some of us don’t. You should learn to keep it simple because it is.
    I started out in industrial electronics troubleshooting at component level, then started fixing blueprint machines and wide format, then copiers and printers. This is a piece of cake compared to component level troubleshooting. Have a nice day, no hard feelings.

Copy theory process

Your kidding right? The copy process isn’t rocket science. If you understand how positive and negative charges work, you basically understand the copy process. K.I.S.S You’re making this way to complicated.
    I am sorry you have a hard time understanding technical material. Unfortunately your one of those guys that probably need to experience something or some trial and error before you understand it.
    The reason for this is because you don’t know how to network what you’re learning with what you already know. And for the who, what, when, where, How crap. No Sh*t Sherlock if your not doing that you’re a monkey. That was a given. Dude troubleshooting is using common sense. Like common sense some of us have it and some of us don’t. You should learn to keep it simple because it is.
    I started out in industrial electronics troubleshooting at component level, then started fixing blueprint machines and wide format, then copiers and printers. This is a piece of cake compared to component level troubleshooting. Have a nice day, no hard feelings.

I hope your not talking about me, because with over 25yrs experience on CANON B&W/Color Products , and working in Shop/Field Service/in House Manager of Major Accts./Senior Troubleshooter / Networking & Course training. You don't have to preach to me about procedure. I teach procedures that need to be followed.

If you don't follow and keep a record of your procedure on the problem machine before u request a Senior Tech, your ass is back in the Shop or Warehouse stripping parts or loading trucks.

I was doing component testing back in 1980. I know all about tracing down signals & replacing bad components/back then you were not able to just order Pcb's boards to swap in and out like today.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Copy theory process

Easy, teckat...

He's pressing your buttons. Can't you see that? Don't give him the satisfaction. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Copy theory process

Gee, this was a thread for copy theory not ego's.

Keep it together guys. We are all in the same field playing the same game here.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC