Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician
    Hmm...I was just looking at the settings for the working iR4570 through the RUI and noticed the Certificate settings show a certificate named CANON, but it is set to "Off" - yet it is printing fine????

Technician
    OK, I followed steps 1-8 fine, but when I go back into the Key & Certificate list there is no Default Key, just the new CANON one I created.

Do I need to set it as Default key, or do I erase it?

Technician
    OK tried it again. I cleared the Certificate in Level-2, then rebooted, then followed steps 1-8 and deleted the Default Key that had been created, then rebooted a 2nd time.

I still couldn't print, and Direct Print is still not available through the RUI.

So I went back into System Settings to the Certificates, and set the new CANON certificate as the default, then rebooted again.

Unfortunately, still no change - can't print from any PC, can't Direct Print from RUI.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    More iR4570 problems

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Gossett View Post
    OK tried it again. I cleared the Certificate in Level-2, then rebooted, then followed steps 1-8 and deleted the Default Key that had been created, then rebooted a 2nd time.

I still couldn't print, and Direct Print is still not available through the RUI.

So I went back into System Settings to the Certificates, and set the new CANON certificate as the default, then rebooted again.

Unfortunately, still no change - can't print from any PC, can't Direct Print from RUI.

POST A COPY OF YOUR P-PRINT & USER DATA PRINT OUT SETTINGS from service mode
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    Here are the two pages from P-print I think you're looking for. I'll have to run the User Print next time I'm there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

More iR4570 problems

Here are the two pages from P-print I think you're looking for. I'll have to run the User Print next time I'm there.

Everything looks OK !!
    If the printer function is working correctly, the Configuration Page will be similar to
    the sample below.

(Additional Functions).
    [Report Settings].
    [Printer] under <Print List>.
    Press [PCL].Press [Configuration Page].
    [Yes] to print the page.

CONFIG.JPG

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Exclamation A reposting from 2 days ago...

"I would suggest that now that you have a working box that you reload the correct software, and set it to overwrite the existing software to make sure that all the files are fresh..."

I had a 5000dx that I updated recently, and lost the ability to print. I went back in, and reflashed the copier, choosing Overwrite All from lower left of the SST menu, and my printing capability returned. I feel that the system file must have gotten fubar'd on the first pass, and when I overwrote it, it repaired whatever got screwed up on my previous attempt.

Technician
    Yes, I just did the Overwrite All today, using single files in Assist mode. Still didn't fix it unfortunately.

More iR4570 problems

Yes, I just did the Overwrite All today, using single files in Assist mode. Still didn't fix it unfortunately.

This printer went from a Working Unit to a Brick ??

This all happened when u swapped out the Boot ROM & HDD to put in a 4570 non-working unit, the so called 4570 non- working unit now Functions with the other machines HDD & Boot Rom as a fully functional 4570 Network Printer.

Now the 4570 that used to function is the brick with the parts from other printer that did not function in the first place.

The common DENOMINATOR is either the BOOT ROM / HDD and or Main Controller
    if Network boot rom it is damaged, you will need to contact the TSC (Canon) for the replacement procedure

E733 BOOT ROM 1.jpg
    Main Controller Pcb.

E733 DCON1.jpg
    DC CONTROLLER

Technician
    Sorry I've been so slow to update this, we took a loaner to the customer to buy us some time.

I finally got around to taking the Boot ROM from the broken iR4570 and installed in the unit still at the customer's - it worked fine. So I left it there, and brought this one back(which was the original Boot ROM from this copier) - no luck, still not printing and still no Direct Print.

I will try the HDD next week and report back.