Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Am attempting since yesterday to source a reader controller board to swap & test. Will try RCon and see if any change.

If the reader controller PCB is changed out, would any settings have to be initialized or reinputted? Thank you!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR3300i Top Feeder Not Being Recognized

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoylan@gmail.com View Post
    Am attempting since yesterday to source a reader controller board to swap & test. Will try RCon and see if any change.

If the reader controller PCB is changed out, would any settings have to be initialized or reinputted? Thank you!

Are u talking about the READER CONTROLLER which is in the READER PART
    or the DADF CONTROLLER / both need settings put back in/
    I sent u the ones for the READER(RCON) in an e-mail

voltages u were testing were on DADF CONTROLLER
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Teckat, I understood that the voltages on the 7 pin connector were coming from the reader controller & that the DC controller is the top circuit board that the 7 pin connector plugs into.

Can you please clarify where (which circuit board) those 5V & 24V are coming from? I suspect that it's that circuit board that may have a problem given the 2 dead readings on the 7 pin connector. Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Curious development. Overnight the DADF green light started to light up when a paper was placed into the feeder. Also, the gray wire is now reading 5V. However, the yellow wire is still 0V. Tried restarting but no additional corrections.

I will be doing the RCon now to see what might change.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Go for it!
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Curious development. Overnight the DADF green light started to light up when a paper was placed into the feeder. Also, the gray wire is now reading 5V. However, the yellow wire is still 0V. Tried restarting but no additional corrections.

JI & J2 are on the DADF DC CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY/
    Power to those two connectors comes from Printer

Sometimes when u push a meter lead in a wire connector u could blindly repair a loose connection that way.

The Reader B1 houses the Scanner Unit/in there is the >
    The Reader Controller PCB; = it controls the reader unit, & controls the DADF communication

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Teckat, have done the Rcon and no change. Further, after having restarted the unit, the DADF is no longer having its light go on when placing a paper in the DADF. However, the gray wire is now showing 5V. The yellow remains dead at 0V.

Can you pls. advise which circuit board is suppose to supply the power to the yellow wire. I understood that the yellow wire came from the reader controller, but understand it may come from the DADF DC Controller PCB?

Thanks.

Talking

Reader & DADF / are Two Different items

RB1.JPG

DFRB.JPG
    RCB.JPG
    J4100.JPG
    Last edited by teckat; 09-16-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for illustrations. The DADF has a circuit board that J1 & J2 connectors plugs into. I understood this as the DC Controller PCB. The J1 & J2 plugs come from another PCB, which I understood was the reader controller PCB.

Bottom line is that the yellow wire on the 7 pin connector is not receiving the 5V DC that should be there. Am trying to ascertain if the power to that wire is being deprived by hardware issue or software.

Am not sure why when the DADF was observed this morning it was detecting a paper in the unit vs. no detection before. However, when restarted the printer, it is no longer showing any life, but the gray wire on the 7 pin J2 connector is at 5V now.

Am still leaning towards removing & replacing the circuit board that the yellow wire comes from & welcome any suggestions on service mode adjustments.

Gremlins.

Thanks for illustrations. The DADF has a circuit board that J1 & J2 connectors plugs into. I understood this as the DC Controller PCB. The J1 & J2 plugs come from another PCB, which I understood was the reader controller PCB.

Bottom line is that the yellow wire on the 7 pin connector is not receiving the 5V DC that should be there. Am trying to ascertain if the power to that wire is being deprived by hardware issue or software.

Am not sure why when the DADF was observed this morning it was detecting a paper in the unit vs. no detection before. However, when restarted the printer, it is no longer showing any life, but the gray wire on the 7 pin J2 connector is at 5V now.

Am still leaning towards removing & replacing the circuit board that the yellow wire comes from & welcome any suggestions on service mode adjustments.

Gremlins.
    The two pin connector & seven pin connector on end of CN1 interface CABLE
    it interfaces between DADF CONTROLLER & Reader Controller . There are wires behind J4100 that lead to Reader Pcb.

DC Voltage is supplied from Printer to Reader to DADF

CN1.JPG