Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    nekatreven

Considering a used Fiery C1 for ir c3200

Hey all,

I need to add PS/PCL to our c3200 because I do not see a 64bit UFRII driver for it and I cannot get the one for (among others) the ir8500 or c3170 to work with our machine; despite some posts I've seen on this forum that it can be done.

Assuming this C1 I'm considering purchasing is functioning...is this more or less a matter of setting that interface setting to 3 in the service interface, hooking up a network cable and a standard power cord, and configuring the thing? The one I'm looking to buy mentions no cables or anything included so I want to make sure there is no other special sauce needed. We have an ir8500 with an M1 and we have had to help get them back online after some part swaps that wiped their configs, so I do have some basic familiarity with how the pieces fit together.

TIA for any insight,
    Mark

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    The C1 requites an interface card that goes inside the copier, as well as a "SCSI like" cable to connect the two.

Note that this is NOT a SCSI cable, which you could buy locally (and affordably).

Both of these are quite pricey (when ordered new, anyway).

So be sure that these are included, if not I would either demand them or most likely look elsewhere.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Considering a used Fiery C1 for ir c3200

Quote Originally Posted by nekatreven View Post
    Hey all,

I need to add PS/PCL to our c3200 because I do not see a 64bit UFRII driver for it and I cannot get the one for (among others) the ir8500 or c3170 to work with our machine; despite some posts I've seen on this forum that it can be done.

Assuming this C1 I'm considering purchasing is functioning...is this more or less a matter of setting that interface setting to 3 in the service interface, hooking up a network cable and a standard power cord, and configuring the thing? The one I'm looking to buy mentions no cables or anything included so I want to make sure there is no other special sauce needed. We have an ir8500 with an M1 and we have had to help get them back online after some part swaps that wiped their configs, so I do have some basic familiarity with how the pieces fit together.

TIA for any insight,
    Mark

C1.JPG
    -Set ‘3’ in the host machine’s service mode:
    COPIER>OPTION>INT-FACE>IMG-CONT.
    (As a result, the IP address needed for communication
    between the host machine and the machine will automatically
    be set up.)

C1 ALMOST SAME AS C2/ C2 HAS A POWER SWITCH
    Installation pdf. below
    iP C2_Installation.pdf
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**