Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

ir c 3200 black seems washed out

1. Many thanks to this forum . I have found many answers and guides here and hve fixed 3 of the 4 copiers here in the shop.
    with that knowledge I have been trying to fix this problem by troubleshooting but i seem to be sucking at it.

the 3200 black seems to be washed out (on normal prints) i can jump up the density higher and get it darker but so does the entire image.
    whats the magic areas in teh tech area to adjust it some.(or alot)

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnhenson View Post
    1. Many thanks to this forum . I have found many answers and guides here and hve fixed 3 of the 4 copiers here in the shop.
    with that knowledge I have been trying to fix this problem by troubleshooting but i seem to be sucking at it.

the 3200 black seems to be washed out (on normal prints) i can jump up the density higher and get it darker but so does the entire image.
    whats the magic areas in teh tech area to adjust it some.(or alot)
    How old is that black drum.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    The first bit of advice would be to make sure you are running Auto Gradation, from the Additional Function>Cleaning-Adjustments tab. Make sure to run the Full Adjust. This need to be run at least daily...

Technician
    drum life no idea.
    will try autogradiation. just looked at the copiers and they have a button on the main screen for it. the 3200 doesnt.
    I will try this and check back.

Technician
    I have noticed that the 3200 does not do a AUTO gradiation every 100 copies. where can i change that at?

To check your drum life you make a adjustment in service mode.
    Additional function/2&8/additional functions/ Copier/option/body/dlife-sw to 1/ok

Press reset.

Afterward hit counter check/consumables. You should see your drum life.

Why would you want to adjust the timing of the image stabilization control(auto gradation).

There are ways but I would not suggest it.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Quote Originally Posted by shawnhenson View Post
    I have noticed that the 3200 does not do a AUTO gradiation every 100 copies. where can i change that at?
    The mesage one normally sees at the bottom of the screen is "Adjusting Gradation". This is similar to, but is not, Auto Gradation. When performing Auto Gradation, the copier gets a better idea of the densities by using the scanner to look at the printed page, and then adjusting accordingly. When the copier does it itself, during long runs and at power on, it is using sensors looking at the ITB assembly. "Adjusting Gradation" gets it in the ballpark, but not as close as the Auto Gradation process.

Leave the timing alone,,, it is set up that way for a reason.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    The mesage one normally sees at the bottom of the screen is "Adjusting Gradation". This is similar to, but is not, Auto Gradation. When performing Auto Gradation, the copier gets a better idea of the densities by using the scanner to look at the printed page, and then adjusting accordingly. When the copier does it itself, during long runs and at power on, it is using sensors looking at the ITB assembly. "Adjusting Gradation" gets it in the ballpark, but not as close as the Auto Gradation process.

Leave the timing alone,,, it is set up that way for a reason.
    auto is what I meant the imaging and everythign is fine except for the black I had earlier. Ill run thru and check but I dont even think it kicks in at 100 copies like the other does. .

Thanks people!!!!
    BTW changed drum (AFTER doin the gradation

After I change out drums, I run auto gradation, once again so the copier can see what it is doing... ;-)

I wouldn't recommend it but to each his own.

To adjust execution intervals of image stabilization control.

1. Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > set [ADJ-LVL] to '1'.

2. The default value of the following service mode is '100': [Service mode (Level 2) > COPER > Option > BODY > INTPPR-1]. When increasing the sets interval (number of sheets) for the image stabilization control to about '500' sheets, set the value of this mode to '500'. If this value is set to '1000', the control will not be performed during initial rotation, and the control during job is seldom performed.

Note: Use this service mode depending on the severity of the symptom because changing this mode will increase the execution intervals of the control or stop the control, possibly causing the density variation.

Reference: The service modes that can change the intervals of the image stabilization control are as follows:

a. Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > INTROT-1.
    This is used to set the execution interval (number of sheets) for image stabilization control (adjustment set 1) during initial/last rotation.
    Adjustable range: 50 to 1000 (value at time of factory shipment/after RAM clear: 100)
    Note: Increasing the execution intervals of the control may adversely affect the density variation.

b. Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > INTROT-2.
    This is used to set the execution interval (number of sheets) for image stabilization control (adjustment set 2) during initial/last rotation.
    Adjustable range: 50 to 1000. (Value at time of factory shipment/after RAM clear: 500)
    Note: Increasing the execution interval of the control may aggravate variation of density.

c. Service mode (Level 2) > COPER > Option > BODY > INTPPR-1.
    This is used to set interval (number of sheets) for performing image stabilization control (adjustment set 1) between sheets.
    Adjustable range: 50 to 100. (Value at time of factory shipment/after RAM clear: 100)

d. Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > INTROT-T.
    This is used to set the execution interval (time) for image stabilization control during standby.
    Adjustable range: 1 to 10 hours. (Value at time of factory shipment/after RAM clear: 2)
    Note: To turn the image stabilization control during standby ON/OFF, select [Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY > AUTO-DH].
    - 0: automatic start OFF (prohibit operation)
    - 1: automatic start ON (permit operation: value at time of factory shipment/after RAM clear)
    Note: If this mode is set to ‘0’ (OFF), the user will have to monitor the output image to determine when to perform the following item in the user mode: [Adjustment/cleaning > automatic gradation compensation (full compensation)].
    Other image stabilization control processes are performed independently of this setting.

e. Service mode > COPIER > Option > BODY >ADJ-LVL.
    This is used to set execution mode for image stabilization control performed after preset number of sheets.
    Adjustable range: 0 to 2. (value at time of factory shipment/after RAM clear: 0)
    - 0: Normal mode (value at time of factory shipment/value after RAM clear)
    Adjustment set 1: Discharge current volume control, single-cycle ATVC control, ATR control, image position compensation
    Adjustment set 2: Discharge current volume control, single-cycle ATVC control, ATR control, SALT-Dmax control, image position compensation
    - 1: Compression mode 1
    Adjustment set 1: Discharge current volume control, single-cycle ATVC control, ATR control, image position compensation
    Adjustment set 2: Discharge current volume control, single-cycle ATVC control, ATR control, image position compensation
    Note: This mode will increase the density fluctuation compared to Normal mode.
    - 2: Compression mode 2
    Adjustment set 1: Nothing
    Adjustment set 2: Nothing
    Note: If this mode is set, all the image stabilization controls will not be performed. Therefore, such controls have to be performed manually by making the following selections in sequence in the user mode: [Adjustment/cleaning > automatic gradation compensation (full compensation)].