Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Canon IRC 2380i scaning to email (gmail)

We have in the office machine Canon irc 2380i, which suppose to send scaning document to email. The point is the machine have entire DNS and IP adress, few days managed to scan to specific folder, but cannot solve the problem with scaning to email. We are using gmail server for emails, so the question is how to setup email/i-fax settings?
    Here what ive done:
    1. Changed the port SMTPTXPN from service mode 2 to 587(port)
    2. In email/i-fax settings manage next:
    SMTP Receipt - on
    SMTP server - smtp.gmail.com
    email adress - ******@gmail.com
    Allow SSL (SMTP send) - on
    Use SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH)- on
    user- ******@gmail.com
    pass- ******
    Also you can find it in attached printscreenemail-settings.jpg.
    From the panel on machine, choose the optiong SEND, type an email where to send and push on green button to send. The process beggins but not result, its making sending and resending and again sending, and after all nothing, the error code is #752, which as i know meen that smtp is incorrect, so what else shall i do, and is it possible to make this machine to work on sending emails from gmail?

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Your in the right area. Email/iFax. That's where email is set up at. You must set up SMTP. You must also give the machine a email account so that when you send emails thru the machine you know where there coming from. You might need a User name and password for authentication. POP is optional. If you do a search on Gmail within this forum, I posted some info a while back on setting up gmail.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melikyants View Post
    We have in the office machine Canon irc 2380i, which suppose to send scaning document to email. The point is the machine have entire DNS and IP adress, few days managed to scan to specific folder, but cannot solve the problem with scaning to email. We are using gmail server for emails, so the question is how to setup email/i-fax settings?
    Here what ive done:
    1. Changed the port SMTPTXPN from service mode 2 to 587(port)
    2. In email/i-fax settings manage next:
    SMTP Receipt - on
    SMTP server - smtp.gmail.com
    email adress - ******@gmail.com
    Allow SSL (SMTP send) - on
    Use SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH)- on
    user- ******@gmail.com
    pass- ******
    Also you can find it in attached printscreenemail-settings.jpg.
    From the panel on machine, choose the optiong SEND, type an email where to send and push on green button to send. The process beggins but not result, its making sending and resending and again sending, and after all nothing, the error code is #752, which as i know meen that smtp is incorrect, so what else shall i do, and is it possible to make this machine to work on sending emails from gmail?
    Help is on link below

Gmail Help
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    I set up smtp which is smtp.gmail.com and i think i wrote it above, and even made a printscreen so it more clearly, and i make an account of email, i have a user and a pass for it, i made all, and anyway i couldnt manage sending scaned document to an email. You can see all settings ive made in the printscreen shot i've uploded above.
    Hope anyone had something like that before and could help. I think ive read your post, but still have same prob.

Technician
    The point is that i setup the gmail, but still its not working

Quote Originally Posted by melikyants View Post
    The point is that i setup the gmail, but still its not working

imageRUNNERS to use GMAIL as the SMTP Server. Here is the info from mail.google.com.

In your email client software, under Outgoing mail, set the SMTP server to smtp.gmail.com
    Set the your username is yourgooglemailname@gmail.com and make sure "Use username and password" is checked.
    Also check off "TLS" under "Use secure connection."

Configuring other mail clients

• Follow the instructions below to set up POP access in most POP clients.
    • Google Apps users, please follow the default instructions unless otherwise noted, replacing 'your_domain.com' with your actual domain name.

We offer instructions for configuring some clients not in our supported client list. If you encounter difficulties, we suggest contacting your mail client's customer support department -- we're unable to provide assistance for clients not in our supported POP client list.

Standard instructions:

1. Enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
    2. Configure your client to match the settings below:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL:
    pop.gmail.com
    Use SSL: Yes
    Port: 995
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:
    smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
    Use Authentication: Yes
    Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
    Port: 465 or 587
    Account Name:
    your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
    Email Address:
    your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
    Password:
    your Gmail password
    3. Unless you're using recent mode to download mail to multiple clients, make sure you've opted not to leave messages on the server. Your Gmail settings determine whether or not messages stay on the server, so this setting in your client won't affect how Gmail handles your mail.
    4. Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.
    5. Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587. You're now ready to use POP with your Gmail address.

If you tried configuring your SMTP server on port 465 (with SSL) and port 587 (with TLS), but are still having trouble sending mail, try configuring your SMTP to use port 25 (with SSL). But make sure SSL is active for SMTP in your mail client.Also ensure ‘allow authentication’ is active for the SMTP server in your mail client.

Before using your Gmail Account as your SMTP server, make sure that you have enabled Gmail POP3 or Gmail IMAP through settings in your Gmail Account.

How to test Gmail SMTP Server connection

If sending mails through Gmail SMTP Server does not work properly, test the connection by running a telnet test as described below.

If you are running Windows Vista, first enable Telnet feature before you run the Telnet test. To enable Telnet feature in windows Vista,

• Click the Start button –> Control Panel –> Programs.
    • Click Turn Windows Features On or Off.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the Windows Features box, check the box labeled Telnet Client, and click OK. (It may take a few minutes for the installation to complete.)

Next run the telnet test to connect to Gmail SMTP Server.
    Telnet Test on Windows (XP, Vista):

• Go to Start –> Run
    • Enter “telnet smtp.gmail.com 465″ against Open: and click “OK”. If you are using Outlook 2007, enter “telnet smtp.gmail.com 587″ and click “OK”.
    • gmail-smtp-server-test.jpg

Telnet test on Mac:

• Click the Macintosh Hard Drive icon, and open the Applications folder.
    • Open Utilities, and select Terminal.
    • Depending on what port you’re using to send, type ‘telnet smtp.gmail.com 25′ or ‘telnet smtp.gmail.com 587′ in the prompt window and press Enter.

When doing the Telnet test on windows or Mac, if the prompt window clears without throwing any errors, the Telnet test has passed.

If you receive an error message, then access to Gmail SMTP Server has been blocked by your local network administrator or Internet Service Provider.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

maybe there is a problem with your dns, what happens, if you enter the ip adress instead of the name of your smtp server?
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

The SMTP server name or the IP is not correct.
    -The server is down or not functioning.
    -The network is down or the server is not reachable.
    -The domain name or the from E-mail address is not
    configured properly.
    -The ISP (internet service provider) might be blocking port 25.
    -The E-mail SMTP server might be using port other then 25.

-There might be too many hops to the E-mail SMTP server.

Check points

-Check the SMTP server name or IP address.
    -Check the network status.
    -Check that the server is up and running.
    -Check that you have a valid DNS server IP address.
    -Check that you have the proper email domain name, and
    the from E-mail address is configured in your machine.
    -Check that the SMTP server is operating properly.
    -Check and verify that the customers ISP (internet service
    provider) is not blocking the use of port 25 to other E-mail SMTP
    server that might not be part of the ISP provider.
    -Check , verify and confirm that the E-mail SMTP server that the
    customer is trying to use is not requiring SMTP port to be other
    then port 25, if so then configure the Canon machine with the
    correct SMTPTXPN port number required by that E-mail SMTP
    server that the customer is trying to use.

-From a command prompt (DOS screen) type:
    TRACERT <Email

server name or IP address> make note of how many hops it

takes to get to the E-mail server

The problem here is most likely that the imageRUNNER cannot resolve the email server's FQDN into its valid IP address. The computers on the network can Ping the email server by its FQDN because they can resolve the FQDN to the server's IP address. The computers are either configured to use a DNS server or may have a mapping for the email server configured in their local HOSTS file. The copier does not have a HOSTS file to edit on it. The copier will need to be configured with the IP address of the network's DNS server.
    If a DNS server is not available, the SMTP Server setting on the copier can be set as the IP address of the email server instead of its FQDN. This will eliminate the need to resolve the name (as the IP address will be known by the copier).
    Also make sure that the domain name for the domain the SMTP server serves is set in the DNS settings under Domain Name. If the Domain Name is incorrect, the most common error code in the Send job log will be #752. The domain name must match your customer's email FQDN. For example, if your customer receives email at 'JackFrost@123INC.com' the FQDN is '123INC.com'.

Last edited by SCREWTAPE; 09-16-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC