Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mpsinc

Calibration of IR8070?

Good morning!

I have an 8070 (and imagePASS M3) that is not printing the crisp quality I think it should be. The type is a little "fuzzy" and not sharp at all. We also have a slight problem with halftones, there are either highlights or shadows, not much in the mid-tone range.

Our service guy has tried to fix the problem, but has not been able to. Can anyone else provide some direction on what settings I should change or look at while in the service mode?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Calibration of IR8070?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsinc View Post
    Good morning!

I have an 8070 (and imagePASS M3) that is not printing the crisp quality I think it should be. The type is a little "fuzzy" and not sharp at all. We also have a slight problem with halftones, there are either highlights or shadows, not much in the mid-tone range.

Our service guy has tried to fix the problem, but has not been able to. Can anyone else provide some direction on what settings I should change or look at while in the service mode?

Thank you in advance for your help!

U stated Prints are poor/is that the same case for Glass copies ?
    What is the Quality of copies off the Glass ??
    Have u done the regular Calibration of Glass ?

Have u done a CCD Adjust-
    Have u done a Gray scale Calibration in Printer settings./for imagePass M3

Post some copies of issues
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

mpsinc
    Teckat - thanks for your reply. The quality off the glass is the same as printing from CWS5. I have not done any sort of calibrations, granted I am the end user and am trying to figure it out on my own....... Going through CWS5, i cannot calibrate anything. That icon is grayed out no matter what I do.
    Would going to an older version (CWS4?) allow that?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Calibration of IR8070?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsinc View Post
    Teckat - thanks for your reply. The quality off the glass is the same as printing from CWS5. I have not done any sort of calibrations, granted I am the end user and am trying to figure it out on my own....... Going through CWS5, i cannot calibrate anything. That icon is grayed out no matter what I do.
    Would going to an older version (CWS4?) allow that?
    First do your Calibration from Control Panel/ follow the procedure prompts when highlighted/

u Can also Calibrate from & on M3 LCD Screen/scroll to Calibrate follow prompts.
    Do u have a Kodak Gray Scale for Printer Calibrations

CWS-ColorWise Pro Tools will not function with black and white imagePASS or imagePRESS devices

Your best bet is to put in a service Call /request a Canon Qualified Trained Tech. on your product.

Last edited by teckat; 09-16-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**