Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IR 105 paper jam code 0118

IR 105 cant even print /photocopy out 1 paper. The paper jam area code is 0118. Pls advice?

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    If you'll open your service manual to page S-15, you will note that there is no XX18 code for the copier body, but there is one for the finisher.

xx18 non-sort delivery sensor delay jam (PI6)

If you want to confirm it, turn copier off, detach finisher and its cable, turn on copier and see if you can get a copy out...

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addoncopier View Post
    IR 105 cant even print /photocopy out 1 paper. The paper jam area code is 0118. Pls advice?
    JAM CODE 0118: Vertical Path Unit Jam.

0118 jam occurs near the registration roller in the vertical path unit.
    JAM CODE 0118 is related to the image write start sensor PS60.

The service manual does not explain about this jam code and the sensor position.
    Because of mechanical stress of clutch movement, the cable of the pre-registration clutch CL5 could be broken or have a poor contact at the position of a tie-wrap, which is secured to the metal plate of the multifeed drive ass'y (FG6-8580).

1. Remove the multifeed drive ass'y (FG6-8580) from the rear of the main unit and remove the pre-registration clutch CL5.

2. Check continuity of the cable. At this time, it should be straightened or flattened for accurate checking.

Most likey you might how to replace the pre-registration clutch CL5 with a new one (FH6-5016).
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mrfixit51, i detach finisher and its cable, still paper jam occur. 1st paper havent reach transfer already indicate that paper jam. when i take out the paper from the right door. then the screen show that open the unit 1 and turn the fixing unit to take out the paper. But in the fixing unit no paper is inside.

"Harvey Dent"
    Try cutting wire ties. Check your spongy rollers from the feed unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Screwtape, i will try to fix it. since i dunno how to check continuity...If possible can you do me a favor as teckat always do. Post the picture of demo...THx a lot :-)

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Its a delay jam. the delay is at the fixing unit.
    The 1st sheet hasn't reach the transfer you mention... As I said check your pre-reg clutch.
    Inspect the registration area.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ok

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thx screwtape..I replace the vertical registration sponge roller. Problem solve...Thx a lot. Thx all of you.. :-)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    By the way, is it possible this will cause paper jam at 0205,0209 also? Coz last time i exchange the registration clutch, deck in clutch ,exchange the sensor and so...Still paper jam will happen at 0205,0209 area, but not frequently maybe 1 day few times....