Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post

I already posted two Pdf's for poster to view and inspect on the Fixin Unit
    /all procedures related to unit are in there
    that belt position work around, only works if the inside of belt is not damaged/ the pealing of the inside metal roller surface, (which is caused by the unprotected face of the thermoswitch) as it bunches up causes the belt to drift out of position
    I'm basicly telling that, only recalibrate still fresh and undamaged belts.

u never should run a UHP-S/ LHP-S ON A used/old Fix UNIT
    Can u explain why, because the manual only says that u are resetting the fixing lifetime measurement. (i don;t mean durable counters). But the measurement routine causing "replace fixing unit, call service technician" or E008. Which we ussualy ignore or hide the message (FX-MSG-SW)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC4080 E00007-0001

Quote Originally Posted by Fer View Post
    I'm basicly telling that, only recalibrate still fresh and undamaged belts.

Can u explain why, because the manual only says that u are resetting the fixing lifetime measurement. (i don;t mean durable counters). But the measurement routine causing "replace fixing unit, call service technician" or E008. Which we ussualy ignore or hide the message (FX-MSG-SW)

it is not a good practice to hide that message on these models/
    I have all techs maintain an volume inspection sheet for these fixin units/ three copies> 1.at machine/2.with customer/& 3.one kept by service person,

Be sure not to execute the mode>
    COPIER > FUNCTION > FIXNG > FX-UHP-S
    > FX-LHP-S >
    except at the installation and the fixing unit replacement.

In doing so , an error message may not be displayed when the fixing unit reaches to its life.

we had over 250 machines of this series model in the field at one time/ we learned how to handle and what to look for /and what to replace at specific times/ rough in beginning- but our program has been a success
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

I admire you high level of service, i guess u got allot of happy customers this way. To bad that level is not much appreciated here. Let the fixing run until they break or E007 to keep costs down.

Maybe our customers are closer to to eachother, we can have a broken down machine up within 4-6 hours normaly, it's acceptable for them.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

not in the NYC enviorment , every minute of down time is lost money ,
    with mostly Full Parts & Service contracts>u need to anticipate trouble before it happens .

it's costly to maintain the replacement parts in inventory, once u purchase them they are yours with no return.
    that's why good record keeping on said models is essential for your bottom line

good luck
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Here in europe FM2-3779 is refurbished in Germany (Giessen). Personaly i think those are crap, tear early, E13 and they refuse to put new gears in.

What kind are u using overseas?

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Here in europe FM2-3779 is refurbished in Germany (Giessen). Personaly i think those are crap, tear early, E13 and they refuse to put new gears in.

What kind are u using overseas?
    We use FM3-0691-000.
    Over here in the states we are told to not repair them, but to replace them. $1200 dealers cost.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

FM3-0691-000, Thats just the belts on a frame without the ih-heater, displacement motors, right? We got those in 2007 and 2008, but now we cannot order them anymore. No stock in Europe, to bad.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Over here in the states FM3-0691-000 is the whole assy.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    We use FM3-0691-000.
    Over here in the states we are told to not repair them, but to replace them. $1200 dealers cost.
    Have you tried to repair them, I dont think they can be stripped right down as there's no parts available anyway. Ive worked on belt fusers before, Toshiba ones and have never seen such a complicated fuser as this canon one.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Over here in the states FM3-0691-000 is the whole assy.
    FM3-0691-000, Thats just the belts on a frame without the ih-heater, displacement motors, right? We got those in 2007 and 2008, but now we cannot order them anymore. No stock in Europe, to bad.
    In the Uk we use FM3-0962-000 and we get the fixing assy without the heater and motor block.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    In the Uk we use FM3-0962-000 and we get the fixing assy without the heater and motor block.
    Can u tell me where u order those? I wish we could get our hands on them. Scrapping the heater and displacement motors is such a waste.