Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

canon ir2016 fixing film problem

Hi! I need some suggestions about this (for me unique) problem. I have on maintenance several pieces of this machine (cca 20), all work fine even when I change fixing film on some of them (E007), but one gives me headache: I changed several times fixing film (1st after cca 150.000 counted copies),(2nd after 200.000),(3th after 220.000) then I changed completely fixing heater and film because there was some hardware problems on heater - after 240.000 copies, and then today this machine come to me again after 270.000 copies-with broken fixing film AGAIN!!!! Where is problem??? Pressure roller look fine and bushings too( I didn't noticed some gaps between shaft on roller and slots on bushings. I think that major problem is in users and used paper (paper is so thin,smooth and sharp, but users are specific - puling jammed paper without using green lever they had master degree for that) maybe I'm wrong???

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts android790's Avatar
    Swap fixing assy with a known good one. See how well it works. If it has the same problems as the origional assy, send them a bill for the degree they worked so hard for. If the assy works fine, then both them and you are happy.
    Yes, I am here to fix your machine. No, your machine went out of warranty 18 years ago.

Technician
    LOL!!!!
    That will be great! but then I must order from my supplier brand new fixing unit! My head will be cutoff!- headless

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts android790's Avatar
    Then you must check if it is a shift (uneven pressure), or damaged from removal (abuse). The film assys I use do not come with the top part for the end caps. The tips on it fit in the frame holes. I almost threw them away. Check for anything that will change the tension. I know you did this a million times, but until you can prove it is the customer, what else can u do. Maybe u can use a tension measure tool to measure both ends,then check with other machines. At least it might give you a start. At all cost, keep your head. I got noplace to put my hat if I lost mine. Good luck. Shame u don't have another fixing assy.
    Yes, I am here to fix your machine. No, your machine went out of warranty 18 years ago.

Technician
    I had this problem several times, the problem was in the read sensor of the white wark of the film cover, this sensor must be adjust or simply, elevate this assy by a amonut paper,
    then the sensir can read correctly the white mark, then finish of your problem. greetings from Mexico