Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

printing ir 5055

transferred a print kit to a ir 5055-it has a different menu under system settings.
    No field to put in conventional ip adress-certificate and proxy settings only-Is this a wrong bootrom? Two other 5055s have the conventional menu-in service mode 2 you can see the ps kit is installed!
    Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    printing ir 5055

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    transferred a print kit to a ir 5055-it has a different menu under system settings.
    No field to put in conventional ip adress-certificate and proxy settings only-Is this a wrong bootrom? Two other 5055s have the conventional menu-in service mode 2 you can see the ps kit is installed!
    Thanks in advance!

what printer kit are u talking about/ also does this model have a Fiery (imagePass) attached

imageRUNNER
    3025 / 3030 / 3035 / 3045 / 5055 / 5065 / 5075, imageRUNNER C2880 / C2880i / C3380 / C3380i / C4080 / C4080i / C4580 / C4580i / C5180 / C5180i / C5185 / C5185i, imagePRESS C1 / 7000
    The Printer Kits for many of the newer Canon devices are LMS based. The BootROM on these devices will always end with a C. There is no N, P, or H BootROM for these devices. How do I tell what Printer Kit is installed on these machines?

Answer :
    You can check for the LMS-based Printer Kit on the Canon device the same way as you would check for any other installed LMS-based option or kit.

Perform the following steps:

1. Press the [Counter Check] button on the copier control panel.

2. Hit the [Device Configuration] button on the LCD screen.

3. Scroll down through all of the available pages on this Device Configuration screen. Look for either PS, PCL or UFRII. The methods listed here (ex. PS, PCL, or UFRII) are installed and are available for printing.

For example, if you find UFRII and PCL, but do not find PS on this screen on an iR C5180, it means that the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit is installed, but the PS Printer Kit is not installed. The exact Canon Printer Kits available vary by device model. See your specific device's documentation for more information.

* Note - You will need to install the appropriate printer drivers on the workstation in order to print.

Follow these steps to transfer an LMS kit from one device to another:

1. Enter service mode on device from you you which to transfer the LMS kit by hitting [Additional Functions], then 2, then 8 then [Additional Functions] again (you are in service mode when screen displays '#SSSW')

2. Use the right or left arrow buttons until you get to '#LMS' and press OK

3. Use the right or left arrow buttons until you get to 'Inactive' and press OK

4. Use the right or left arrow buttons until you get to the kit which you want to transfer starting with 'ST' and press OK, for example ST-PS is the PostScript print kit.

5. Set the value from 1 to 0 and press OK (Note: if the value is set to 0 and the kit is present on the device that means it is not transferable because it is standard on the device. Also, as soon as the value is set to 0 the kit will be immediately deactivated on this device)

6. Hit the right arrow button to display the corresponding 'TR' value and press OK, for example, TR-PS

7. Write down the 24 digit number, this is the transfer key

8. Call the Canon Tech Support Center (TSC) at 1-800-528-2830 and provide the following info:
    -the serial number of the device from which the kit is being transferred
    -the serial number of the device to which the kit is being transferred
    -the 24 digit transfer key as generated above
    -the original License Access Number (LAN) of the kit

9. The TSC will generate a new 24 digit license key that will be used to activate the kit on the new device
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    printing ir 5055

He might have had a imagepass or he does..

But it sounds like your interface setting is set for communication with a imagepass.

1. Enter Service mode (Additional Functions > 2 and 8 > Additional Functions).
    2. Select Copier > Option > Int-Face > IMG-CONT.
    3. Change the setting of IMG-CONT to the number (0)

Hit ok and reboot. Check system settings for network settings.

If you have a seperate print controller device then your interface settings should be.

Copier > Option > Int-Face > IMG-CONT (4)

Check this out if you don't see network settings.

For the transfering situation, follow Teckats suggestion
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC